Expel Ultimate or wait for Nano?

Guest Roger555

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Roger555
i can kinda relate to this guy. ive definitely obsessed over many things in the past. it usually ends where ive blown it up too much and after its done and settled i have this feeling that my expectations were never fully met. theres that lingering feeling, what if i did go with the other....ill never really know for sure tho. settle on knowing that youve found the best two products in the world....the WORLD :bingo

and then theres the karma or life balance factor. hes going to finally get it done and it will be the best ever. then on the way home an 18 wheels carrying open sharpie markers will tip over and spill out all over his beautiful average sedan.

I go from obsession to obsession with my car its nothing new I just cant help it I love working on my car! I'm not really into show cars more of a gadget guy electronics guy. I do like to research most things to death and its a curse I know but usually when it comes down to the final result (in this case my film install) I'm usually pretty satisfied. Its not really the physical install i'm concerned with its the material, which is why i'm still waiting on the nano. With the testing i've done with the samples I have its just seems like a tougher film & the surface is extremely durable IMO it will stand the test of time better. Unless of course I rear end a semi on the way home I know some of you wont keep your fingers crossed lol.

Thought I'd add another quick video showing the self-healing properties of the film:

It will heal itself unassited over a 10-15 minute period, but we used some warm water in the demo to quickly show the results.

I did it with a quick pass of the heat gun and gone.

Jeff, we did the same test today on a car. It worked. BTW. We were the first to Like your video on YouTube. We like the film...time will tell on the yellowing issue. In any case, we have complete confidence in your product and know first hand that Xpel as a company has integrity.

Guest Invisibra.net
Thought I'd add another quick video showing the self-healing properties of the film:

It will heal itself unassited over a 10-15 minute period, but we used some warm water in the demo to quickly show the results.

Impressive video for sure. I'll have to play with this aspect in my shop now!

My Take On the Ultimate:

I installed a full hood on an Audi A5 a little over a month ago. When laid out on my cutting table, the film had some lines that were spaced about 2" apart, in a few places, probably covering about 20% of the area that would end up covering the hood. I went ahead & installed that piece on the car, hoping that the lines would go away once the liner was removed & the film was stretched a bit to fit the cars hood. The lines were slightly less noticeable, but were still there. Since it was a light silver car, you could NOT see these outside at all, & had to look for them even inside under florescent light tubes, so I let that job go down the road.

This week, I ordered enough 60" Ultimate to install on 3 full hoods. Yesterday I installed a full hood piece on a white 2008 BMW M3. I was looking forward to seeing how the film would do with that hump in the middle of the hood, since Venture sometimes shows a bit of texture after squeegeeing out that bubble. I'm happy to say that the Ultimate went on very nicely. It was easier to work with than the Venture Shield, & the finished product should be much better than the VS in terms of stain resistance & scratching.

The big test will be the next black C63 Mercedes, or something with a few big bumps on the hood, as in the past I've always had trouble with the 'chicken skin' effect on top of raised areas when giving the film a tug to fit the full curve of the hood. But, the Ultimate looks pretty good at this point!

When (IF?) the Nano comes out in 60, I'll have to compare the two on full hood installation to make a final decision on what I'll carry for the future.

Impressive video for sure. I'll have to play with this aspect in my shop now!

My Take On the Ultimate:

I installed a full hood on an Audi A5 a little over a month ago. When laid out on my cutting table, the film had some lines that were spaced about 2" apart, in a few places, probably covering about 20% of the area that would end up covering the hood. I went ahead & installed that piece on the car, hoping that the lines would go away once the liner was removed & the film was stretched a bit to fit the cars hood. The lines were slightly less noticeable, but were still there. Since it was a light silver car, you could NOT see these outside at all, & had to look for them even inside under florescent light tubes, so I let that job go down the road.

This week, I ordered enough 60" Ultimate to install on 3 full hoods. Yesterday I installed a full hood piece on a white 2008 BMW M3. I was looking forward to seeing how the film would do with that hump in the middle of the hood, since Venture sometimes shows a bit of texture after squeegeeing out that bubble. I'm happy to say that the Ultimate went on very nicely. It was easier to work with than the Venture Shield, & the finished product should be much better than the VS in terms of stain resistance & scratching.

The big test will be the next black C63 Mercedes, or something with a few big bumps on the hood, as in the past I've always had trouble with the 'chicken skin' effect on top of raised areas when giving the film a tug to fit the full curve of the hood. But, the Ultimate looks pretty good at this point!

When (IF?) the Nano comes out in 60, I'll have to compare the two on full hood installation to make a final decision on what I'll carry for the future.

Genesis - Thank you for the kind words. You guys do your best to stain the film. I'm sure you will find that just about everything wipes of clean with straight alcohol, acrysol, or laquer thinner. Compare it to the other products you have on hand and it should give you a good idea on how it stacks up in terms of staining, etc.

Norm - Glad to hear the film installed well for you. I would suggest adding a few drops of baby shmpoo to your gel any time you ar bulking a full hood with humps in it. We'll use that soapy gel and tack the film to the fenders, windshield, and headlights leaving the entire hood "floating" when we do a bulk install. Works like a charm.

Look forward to seeing you guys at SEMA!

Archived