Swapping Window Film ... Suggestions

Guest swimbikerun247

Guest swimbikerun247

Hey guys,

Read alot on the forum and to be honest I'm more confused than ever, lot of good info however. Anyways, let me explain my situation and what I'm trying to figure out. I've got a 96 S10 that's onyx black in color. Currently has a beige interior that I'm swapping out to black leather. I currently have Huper Optik Ceramic 30 and love the difference it makes on how the cab of my truck feels (I live in south Alabama). However, HO's ceramic line definitely has a "different" color or hue to it. The main reason for tinting my truck is for appearance so I've decided to try to find a different film to use, preferably a darker, less reflective, more black color that will look really pair well with the black exterior of the vehicle. Especially with the new interior tho', I would prefer to use something that still does a good job cooling off the cab and protecting what's inside. I also plan to go with a "clear" tint on the front glass, like AIR 80 or something along those lines. Any suggestions on specific brands and makes for what I'm looking for? Are all of the higher end films gonna be lighter and not give me a very black look? And I know opinions will differ ALOT but thanks anyways for any advice that can be given.

Also, I'm from a smaller town and there's not many options for tint locally but lots of options within 2 hours drive or so in all directions, so it's really hard to get word of mouth advice around here. That's why I'd like to get some advice on films to atleast narrow down who to talk to and ask about. 'Preciate it.

Pics below are with the HO 30 installed just for reference. Windshield was just replaced as you can tell.

7f2a640c.jpg

4524ef78.jpg

e6049c5d.jpg

Yeah that's shiny! If you want a high heat block on a budget then a HP charcoal film will be suffice. I use suntek HP which has a nice charcoal/black look in the 35% and lower ranges, llumar atr and other brands in a HP will be in a similar in appearance. If you just want a black look and don't care about high heat rejection then a deep dye film will accomplish that as in suntek carbon, llumar atc, global qdp..etc If you want a black look in a high end film then you'll want suntek carbon xp, llumar ctx, solargard ultraperformance and a few others.

Maybe this helps without confusing you more :please

Yeah that's shiny! If you want a high heat block on a budget then a HP charcoal film will be suffice. I use suntek HP which has a nice charcoal/black look in the 35% and lower ranges, llumar atr and other brands in a HP will be in a similar in appearance. If you just want a black look and don't care about high heat rejection then a deep dye film will accomplish that as in suntek carbon, llumar atc, global qdp..etc If you want a black look in a high end film then you'll want suntek carbon xp, llumar ctx, solargard ultraperformance and a few others.

Maybe this helps without confusing you more :spit

:please What he said!

Guest swimbikerun247

Maybe this helps without confusing you more :dunno

Thanks a ton. The CXP and CTX were the main two I'd kind of been narrowing down too. One other question, how does the F1 Pinnacle compare to those two in terms of color or appearance from the outside?

Maybe this helps without confusing you more :thumb

Thanks a ton. The CXP and CTX were the main two I'd kind of been narrowing down too. One other question, how does the F1 Pinnacle compare to those two in terms of color or appearance from the outside?

Pinnacle has a great appearance - kinda like factory shaded glass, that is hugely popular - it is regularly sold against the film you currently have.

Archived