Headlight restoration tools

Pyramids

Guest scottydosnntkno

you don't need to waste money on the whole kit n kaboodle.

Just get a couple 3" velcro pad holders, and a box of 800 and 3000 grit 3m sanding discs. Then a bottle of any medium fine polishing compound(3ms is nice) and a foam pad for it on another 3" holder.

Should be able to get everything for under $100, supply your own drill and be good to go.

Obviously,

sand all the hazyiness and yellow oxidation off with the 800

sand with the 3000 til its evenly foggy with no visible swirls

polish with the compound until its clear and glossy

seal with plastx

upsell them on PPF to make it last :twocents

I got the foam 3kgrit sanding pads from Delta Kits. Their 'seal n protect' is great. No more polishing for me.

I have a pistol-style 3" d/a from CP. Great tool. Easy to maintain speed. 600, 1500, 3000 is my usual

I started scraping the plastic down first with a razor blade. I went from 1.5 hours on a nasty set, to 30 mins. I charge $99

In my opinion, sanding with a drill sucks... I did not like the 3m kit. I have not seen a polish that resist yellowing without reapplication as well as the Delta system.

Guest DarksideAutoSolutions

Just get a couple 3" velcro pad holders, and a box of 800 and 3000 grit 3m sanding discs. Then a bottle of any medium fine polishing compound(3ms is nice) and a foam pad for it on another 3" holder.

Should be able to get everything for under $100, supply your own drill and be good to go.

Obviously,

seal with plastx

upsell them on PPF to make it last :thumb

This is what we've been doin for years.

:)

Obviously,

seal with plastx

upsell them on PPF to make it last :blink:

Good rundown scotty, I have the 3m kit at home, i ordered it from amazon, so I can send it back for free if I dont like it. The tools they have are really well made, whoever made them. I could buy cheaper air tools from harbor freight, but I think these are worth the dough.

Archived