consevatory roof

Guest nadakuss

Guest nadakuss

Hello everyone my name is Nathan this is my first post here so go easy on me. Firstly I would like to say I'm well happy I found this website and thank-you to all the people who take time out of there day to share there knowledge for free thanks

Now for my question me and my wife have just had a conservatory put on the back of our house this conservatory is being used as our main lounge as our old lounge has been split to make a room for our new baby. The conservatory has an active blue self cleaning glass roof on it the roof works very well at keeping the heat down but the amount of light and glare is too much we can't watch our tv until about 7 at night. I have had some people round about tints the each had different products one had a tint called sun guard and one had Vista. (im in the UK). My question is witch of these tints would be best and will they make the room liveable? Or would I be beter off putting in a false suspended ceiling? Any help advice would be great thanks.

NO to the drop celing. If the problem is glare, the simplest way to explain it, is to imagine the film like a pair of sunglasses for your roof. The darker the film the more glare is reduced thus the less you squint. Over the years we have done many many rooms like yours, to be honest, film will make it a whole bunch more comfy but I doubt that it will give you a great result with the TV issue. And for the record, without knowing what type of glass you have. My initial thought would be a silver 15

Guest nadakuss

Hello and thanks for your reply. I thought about the dropped roof as I thought it would stop all light from above solving the prob. The tints I have been offered I'm not sure about the sun guard one but the Vista is v14 Sr cdf. Not sure if that is a UK code the performance data says it stops 87% of glare. Is this a good choice or are there better I need it as good as poss thanks again Nathan.

Glare being the issue you are most concerned with, look for a film with the highest reduction of VLT. The question is going to be, what is safe on your particular roof glass. If it is tempered, you should not have to much to worry about. If it is laminated, that is another story. If it is Tripple glazed than there is no more to talk about except maybe a exterior film. Or even a cover. Again a basic silver 15 is going to be the biggest bang for your buck. They are great at reducing SHG as well as glare.

Guest nadakuss

Thanks again for your replys. I had two different guys from two different company's cine round they both said they checked with their suppliers and any tint could go on my roof. I'm now thinking about blinds if the tints will only help but not fix the glare prob. I really need to get something done as my wife is at home with a 4wk old baby and nowhere to sit as the glare and sun gives here really bad migraines. Thanks for all your help so far. And if u were me what would u do? Thanks again.

Guest Malcolm E Boo
Thanks again for your replys. I had two different guys from two different company's cine round they both said they checked with their suppliers and any tint could go on my roof. I'm now thinking about blinds if the tints will only help but not fix the glare prob. I really need to get something done as my wife is at home with a 4wk old baby and nowhere to sit as the glare and sun gives here really bad migraines. Thanks for all your help so far. And if u were me what would u do? Thanks again.

Where are you based?

I maybe able to help give some impartial advice,

But I would look at a 5% dual reflective.

Guest filmslayer
But I would look at a 5% dual reflective.

that was my thought but also thought i'd let you lot answer ...

Shyeah right, of course it was :thumb

i don't know the construction ... also thought bout ext. black out ....

Archived