Water Bubbles in New Tint

Guest milly

So this weekend I had a customer who wanted 5%, I didn't have any at the time so I told them if they wanted me to I could do 2 layers of 20%. They said they wanted their fronts tinted asap so they said sure. <br />

<br />

Usually when I do a car, they always have a few water "bubbles" until after the 3-5 days once they are dried and ready to go.<br />

<br />

Once I finished the 2 layers I noticed a BUNCH of the water bubbles, not a few like when I do the single layer...I was worried but went to the other side and did it. This time I cut both layers at same time and once I installed there were still some bubbles but not as many, I told her they should all dry up after 3-5 days and if not, I'll re-do them with 5% for free...<br />

<br />

Think it'll dry up?<br />

<br />

<br />

Have a good memorial day!<br />

<br />

<br />

edit: The bubbles didn't occur on the first layer, but when I went to do the second layer thats when they showed.<br />

<br />

Click here to view the article

Have a good memorial day!

edit: The bubbles didn't occur on the first layer, but when i went to do the second layer thats when they showed.

Have a good memorial day!.................. :blink:

Next time use more soap when applying the 2nd layer.

Have a good memorial day!

edit: The bubbles didn't occur on the first layer, but when i went to do the second layer thats when they showed.

Have a good memorial day!.................. :blink:

Next time use more soap when applying the 2nd layer.

Okay I'll try that next time, hopefully i don't ever have to do 2 layers again though lol. Do you think it'll turn out fine though ?

When you first watch this compilation of FAILS you will wonder what does that have to do with my bubble problem.

http://www.fark.com/vidplayer/6538230

As you watch you will see quite a number of people who do not understand physics. Most just do not have the experience to see that what they are doing has the awsome (for the viewer) consequence of pain.

As for your layering film there is a time and place to do that. That place is not the front windows of a vehicle.

Doing front windows has the result being not only an illegal tint job with the potential for tickets. It also will put you and your family at the wrong end of a lawsuit if someone gets injured.

One fun part is that in some jurisdictions you could even be sued by the idiot who wanted the 5% on his fronts.

Please think of consequences. If there are laws about something maybe you should think why that is.

Oh and ditto on the extra slip on the second layer.

Guest Malcolm E Boo

Milly, May I suggest that you get some proper training from an experienced professional. It was only last week that you were asking how to shrink a back glass now you are putting 5% on front doors.

Please stop and get things right, you say are 16 and you could have a really good career tinting in front of you but for yours and your customers sake please get some real full on training.

I did not know it was illegal on my part...

And guys, I realize I need "training" and all of that but when you have school/ work all week you don't have time for any of that... Im tinting only on weekends and only to people who attend my school.

I wouldn't say my tint jobs are bad, just practice makes perfect... If the person doesn't like how it turned out they can get a refund. I tell them that at the very beginning..

Just a month or so ago I had tons of light gaps, now I learned how to tuck and there Are no more gaps.. I love to be successful at things, and yes I am 16 years old... As of now I really do enjoy tinting cars.. I have a lot to learn and I don't think I'm a pro don't get me wrong, I just don't really have time during the week for anything besides my studies.

Edit: and I did watch my friend who tints for a career do my car, he helped me and told me tips and tricks. That's how I learned to tuck haha.

rather it is a criminal offense for you to install or not it can be a civil court case and cost you millions!

you tint it darker than what is legal, they are in an accident, insurance finds out about the tint, blame the tint, sue everyone in the chain right down to YOU!

rather it is a criminal offense for you to install or not it can be a civil court case and cost you millions!

you tint it darker than what is legal, they are in an accident, insurance finds out about the tint, blame the tint, sue everyone in the chain right down to YOU!

cant sue a kid.

Archived