should I become a Formula One dealer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been in business for 25 years, I've got a reputation for quality and I'm always getting the $100K+ cars. I tint for 2 Lexus dealers and 2 Mercedes dealers as well as Porsche, Audi, Bmw, Acura and Infiniti. There is no other Formula One dealer within 60+ miles. I'm looking for the real story before the rep. from F1 gets back to me. Thanks.

Guest gazscot

I have always promoted my company and name 1st, and sell our installation on our quality policies and years in this business... you say you`ve been in this game for 25 years.. how long has formula 1??????. And what happens down the line if you do not like what they are doing ect do you have a back up plan to get back out???. Id REALLY think about this and consider all the pros and cons of going down this road.....

That's why I'm asking questions here, I'm thinking about it and gathering all the info to help make my decision. I'm hoping all the F1 dealers here can give me some insight on this program.

If you are a F1 dealer, why did you get it, how much was the buy in, what year was that, how has it helped/hurt business and what would you change if anything? Thanks.

That's why I'm asking questions here, I'm thinking about it and gathering all the info to help make my decision. I'm hoping all the F1 dealers here can give me some insight on this program.

If you are a F1 dealer, why did you get it, how much was the buy in, what year was that, how has it helped/hurt business and what would you change if anything? Thanks.

The FormulaOne brand allows you to differentiate yourself from the competition that has set up numerous dealers in the same area. Your ads have more bang for the buck.

The Pinnacle Ceramic films are terrific and have better performance than the LLumar counterpart. You can also offer these LLumar films as your economical brand.

Warranties are no fault and one time transferable.

Marketing materials and POP displays are attractive.

It's as near a franchise protection in this business as you can get without a franchise cost.

We've been doing F1 since early 2007.

:dunno

Guest tint whisperer

We've been F1 for 4 years. A bit heavy on the front end if you get all the displays etc., but no different than setting up a new front end display/showroom refresh anyway.

Our customers don't really care what we use as our reputation is built on our name, but it makes upselling real easy with nice margins!

Aside from the cost of the displays, what was the start up fee in 2007?

We mixed our initial film purchases with the Vista flat glass. There was an initial cost above the film but I don't recall the amount. (less than 5K as I recall) Lots of paperwork and our signage had to be pre-approved, etc.

Things may have changed; obviously.

Archived