Give Em what they want

Customer of a newly renovated nightclub wanted window film so that at night the windows of the storefront would have a mirror appearance so the girls could see themselves dance but also wanted to still be able to see outside for security reasons. Told him no warranty on glass breakage. Slapped some R-15G on the windows(300sqft), customer liked the results, got paid nicely, on my way...lol. Oh did I mention it faces west....am I wrong for doing?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Customer of a newly renovated nightclub wanted window film so that at night the windows of the storefront would have a mirror appearance so the girls could see themselves dance but also wanted to still be able to see outside for security reasons. Told him no warranty on glass breakage. Slapped some DL-15 on the windows(300sqft), customer liked the results, got paid nicely, on my way...lol. Oh did I mention it faces west....am I wrong for doing?

If it's Llumar DL15 did you use the online F2G chart?

Sometimes it is what it is. We are doing a 700 S/F storefront next week and Store Planning wanted black out on CIG units 60x100. I told them it was a bad idea about a hundred times, but they know better than me and wanted the Black Out anyway. The next day they asked about the other options I gave them and they switched to white out. Had they not changed the spec I would have given them what they asked for and moved on. They were fully warned and I'm not in the business of changing a architects mind.

Customer of a newly renovated nightclub wanted window film so that at night the windows of the storefront would have a mirror appearance so the girls could see themselves dance but also wanted to still be able to see outside for security reasons. Told him no warranty on glass breakage. Slapped some DL-15 on the windows(300sqft), customer liked the results, got paid nicely, on my way...lol. Oh did I mention it faces west....am I wrong for doing?

Hi Edge,

I think you're OK on it.

You went over guidelines, but not by much. TSEa on that film is 59. The western exposure actually lowers the risk (east being the most risky). You also did the right thing in discussing the issue with the customer. To my way of thinking, you're covered.

Here is one other approach for an application like this.

Customer wants outward visibility, so higher VLT films address that.

Customer wants the gals to see themselves, so films with the highest VLRi address that.

VLRi on Llumar Silver 50% = 26, vs only 10 on the DL-15.

VLT is 50 vs. 15

In other words, better outward visibility and greater surface reflectivity. Silver 50% is also approved for double pane.

-Howard

Archived