Give Em what they want

Hi Vquest,

I think we agree, but have our signals crossed.

When you say exterior - do you mean the #1 surface? I was not suggesting that. You are right, it would not be approved for that.

I meant that the film was primary intended for application to the #2 surface of an exterior single pane window and was indicated for glare and heat control.

As far as "interior usage" as eluded to in this thread: I thought you were saying that it was intended for glass partitions between offices which were not exposed to the sun (i.e. on the interior of a building). I meant to say that the film was not intended primarly for those types of apps.

Make sense?

-Howard

Sure does Howard :beer

Crossed wires, glad we're not flying... :dunno

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see that Huper does not publish the TSEa for the subject film. Reference: http://www.huperoptikusa.com/ceramic-series.cfm

How does one go about determining DP compatibility without that information?

The VLR is only 11 on that product and the VLT is 30, which suggests a TSEa >54.

Is it dual pane compatible?

-Howard

I see that Huper does not publish the TSEa for the subject film. Reference: http://www.huperoptikusa.com/ceramic-series.cfm

How does one go about determining DP compatibility without that information?

The VLR is only 11 on that product and the VLT is 30, which suggests a TSEa >54.

Is it dual pane compatible?

-Howard

The Huper Optik F2G Recommendation works very well in determining compatibility. Or dealers can just call their distributor. :beer

absorbtion is not published because it is on the high side and most would not recommend it if it were published from my understanding. That is why they never published it on thier literature or spec cards. They say its not important for the consumer to know these specs which they are probably right as most consumers dont know what it means however it does mean alot to the dealer or installing company. I have hung 1000's of sq of huper and the 30% is a really good looking film but I would stick to 40% or lighter VLT for dual pane. Just my personal oppinion.

DL 15 has high interior reflectivity and a minimal exterior reflectivity.

Forgive me if I am having a "Medicare Moment" and looking at the entirely wrong film:

Llumar DL15

VLRi = 9

VLRe = 10

Neither side is particularly shiny and there is virtually no difference from one side to the other.

Reference: http://www.llumar.com/pdf/en/LLumarArchSolarSpecs.pdf

-Howard

Sorry meant R-15G

EVR=13%

IVR=61%

They did not want mirror looking exterior or I would of went with a Silver 20

DL 15 has high interior reflectivity and a minimal exterior reflectivity.

Forgive me if I am having a "Medicare Moment" and looking at the entirely wrong film:

Llumar DL15

VLRi = 9

VLRe = 10

Neither side is particularly shiny and there is virtually no difference from one side to the other.

Reference: http://www.llumar.com/pdf/en/LLumarArchSolarSpecs.pdf

-Howard

Sorry meant R-15G

EVR=13%

IVR=61%

They did not want mirror looking exterior or I would of went with a Silver 20

Llumar R-15GO SR PS

VRE= 52%

VRI= 64%

absorbtion is not published because it is on the high side and most would not recommend it if it were published from my understanding. That is why they never published it on thier literature or spec cards. They say its not important for the consumer to know these specs which they are probably right as most consumers dont know what it means however it does mean alot to the dealer or installing company. I have hung 1000's of sq of huper and the 30% is a really good looking film but I would stick to 40% or lighter VLT for dual pane. Just my personal oppinion.

Tim I'm not sure what your agenda is but as a competing supplier you seem to take an interest in also representing Huper Optik films today.

I know some great people that work for Hanita and I've hung a lot of Hanita products and I have customers that tell me about their experiences... would you mind if I represent your brand and give my personal opinion? :facepalm2

Quest I mean no disrespect toward your films that you represent,and I definatly have no agenda. I appoligize if you think I do, as I said before I think Huper is a great looking film and they have some great products, thier Drei and Sech are very nice films as well as thier ceramic line. I was just speaking toward the absorbtion on the C-30. I have no issues with you speaking of the products we have, I know we have some great products as do you in the Huper family. Some films are better for certain situations then others as you stated in other posts. Again I mean no disrespect and I am not bashing your products, I have mentioned several times today that huper is a great looking film.

:lol

Archived