torch shrinking

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bring this topic alive again.

this is the heat gun im talking about. i have used one a few times. granted shrink wrap is much thicker keep your distance and you can shrink a rear window in no time.

called the shrinkfast 998

Post up a video of you shinking a back glass with that.

ok...maybe it's just me, but most back glass's can be shrunk in under 5 minutes with a good heat gun. Even if you cut it down to a minute....if you are doing say 5 cars a day, that still only saves you 20 minutes in a full day. Then you have the added worry about burning trim or something. IMO it's not worth the risk....but that is just my opinion.

Also, what is going to happen when, 6 or 7 years down the road, you end up having a warranty issue. You think the manny won't use the fact that you used a torch as an excuse to get out of a claim? :chin

Guest wayne correll

i been shrinking with a torch for sometime now havent tried a bug r vette not going to but i dont even own a heat gun now look on youtube .shrinking window tint with a torch its only 50 sec but thats all it takes. 

Guest wayne correll

every back glass i do now is with a torch 5 to 10 cars a day there is a specific way you set it up on the glass stretch the shit out of it baby powder t pattern if you dont it will pop off the inside really hard to lay down

I use a torch everyday but use a heat gun to touch it up at the end.....the heat gun I have is almost as fast as the torch, I got it off the Cornwell tool truck....has a very good fan in it to blow the heat. Im self taught with the torch, someone just suggested on day and then I went and bought a TS8000!!!!!!!!!

Archived