what do you use to tint tail lights?

Guest alexbolt

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if your looking for something fairly cheap i use VHT Nightshade.. it's a rattle can you can get at 44tools.com <-where i get all my supplies

PROBLEM . . . . it fades after a few years apparently.... or at least thats what i'm told... also it has a slight greenish blue hue, so if you use it make sure to only use it on red tail light lens, don't do headlights. the red tail lights hides the color. VHT is only like $15 for a can, and one can can do maybe 10 cars

if you want it "Right" and to last, clear coat with a little black paint mixed in

IMO all tail lights that were done with a film rather than spray look like junk

if your looking for something fairly cheap i use VHT Nightshade.. it's a rattle can you can get at 44tools.com <-where i get all my supplies

PROBLEM . . . . it fades after a few years apparently.... or at least thats what i'm told... also it has a slight greenish blue hue, so if you use it make sure to only use it on red tail light lens, don't do headlights. the red tail lights hides the color. VHT is only like $15 for a can, and one can can do maybe 10 cars

if you want it "Right" and to last, clear coat with a little black paint mixed in

IMO all tail lights that were done with a film rather than spray look like junk

That stuff is real blurry. I did a car with it and said no more. Paint and clear coat has awesome clarity and is alot cheaper. I doubt u get 3 cars out of a can. Hit it with a scotch bright and some adhesive promoter and just paint them. Like you said paint looks better!

Archived