what do you use to tint tail lights?

Guest alexbolt

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
i was looking at oracal 8300 whats the big difference between 8500 and 8300?

One is transparent and one is translucent. You want transparent trust me I messed up the first time I ordered.

You want 8500

I use the 8300 translucent day in and day out in dark grey/light grey/red/blue/yellow for years with no problems.

Or for the custys who want the factory painted look rust oleum has a tail light tint spray now at autozone for like $10 that works 100x better than nightshades. Its mixed just right so when you start with a clean light you just give it one coat and it dries flawless and glossy with just the right amount of tint to it so you can ever so slightly see the red. Plus it doesn't require any sanding or buffing like nightshades or a clear/black mix does. I charge a benji n a half for a pair and they love it

That stuff is real blurry. I did a car with it and said no more. Paint and clear coat has awesome clarity and is alot cheaper. I doubt u get 3 cars out of a can. Hit it with a scotch bright and some adhesive promoter and just paint them. Like you said paint looks better!

it really depends on how dark you go with it... alot of people like to get pure black on there, in that case i can see only three cars..

for my own i just darkened them up... but my dumbass didn't tape over the reverse lights so . . . yeah remember to do that, i miss being able to see when backing up

as long as you know how to spray then VHT will look fine, but paint and clear is the way to go... alot of people don't have an actual spray gun (like myself), and it'd take a little to figure out the right clear to black ratio... you want to be able to put on at least two coats, but you don't want those two to completely black it out lol

That stuff is real blurry. I did a car with it and said no more. Paint and clear coat has awesome clarity and is alot cheaper. I doubt u get 3 cars out of a can. Hit it with a scotch bright and some adhesive promoter and just paint them. Like you said paint looks better!

it really depends on how dark you go with it... alot of people like to get pure black on there, in that case i can see only three cars..

for my own i just darkened them up... but my dumbass didn't tape over the reverse lights so . . . yeah remember to do that, i miss being able to see when backing up

as long as you know how to spray then VHT will look fine, but paint and clear is the way to go... alot of people don't have an actual spray gun (like myself), and it'd take a little to figure out the right clear to black ratio... you want to be able to put on at least two coats, but you don't want those two to completely black it out lol

best thing about paint is you can take a DA and sand the paint right off and start over

best thing about paint is you can take a DA and sand the paint right off and start over

Really?!?!?!? That's the best thing about using the paint huh Jeffery? Did you know you can actually remove the vinyl as well!?!?!?! :D

:spit

lmao.. yes slick i did understand that and mentioned it because he said he covered the reverse light clear.. vinyl has a dull look and have you ever did a magnum... people sell those kits seemed and when you stretch vinyl it distorts.. i have never seen vinyl look as good as paint... but thanks for not reading the reason i posted that..lol...and take it so literal lmao :lol6

Archived