From Ebay fil to SunTek? New guy here!!!

Guest fullspeeddesigns

Guest fullspeeddesigns

I have been doing custom vinyl works for 2 years now. Banners, t shirts, and so on. I recently got into tinting vehicles because alot of my customers keep wondering why I don't tint as well. So i have been practicing with just walmart junk on a VW passet. I did the back to windows and put a crease on both sides. I then purchased a roll of HP tint http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQcmdZVi...T#ht_918wt_1165 Well to be honest this stuff seams like its just as junk as the walmart stuff. So I was wondering about suntek. I've read almost every thread on here. It seems like suntek is the best all around tint to use. I was thinking about purchasing the hp in suntek. Am i going to see night and day difference in how its creasing so easy? I also understand my skills at this are very low as I just started. I'm just sticking with side windows for now and work my way up. any help would be appreciated. Also to order suntek all I need is my tax id number right? Thanks !!!

I have been doing custom vinyl works for 2 years now. Banners, t shirts, and so on. I recently got into tinting vehicles because alot of my customers keep wondering why I don't tint as well. So i have been practicing with just walmart junk on a VW passet. I did the back to windows and put a crease on both sides. I then purchased a roll of HP tint http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQcmdZVi...T#ht_918wt_1165 Well to be honest this stuff seams like its just as junk as the walmart stuff. So I was wondering about suntek. I've read almost every thread on here. It seems like suntek is the best all around tint to use. I was thinking about purchasing the hp in suntek. Am i going to see night and day difference in how its creasing so easy? I also understand my skills at this are very low as I just started. I'm just sticking with side windows for now and work my way up. any help would be appreciated. Also to order suntek all I need is my tax id number right? Thanks !!!

I've been in a very similar situation recently, and suntek is definitly a very good film to use. I would suggest tat you call every film distributor you can and get samples they will pretty mucha all send you a sample roll that "should" be enough to tint 1 car. I got samples from Maxpro, suntek, ASWF, Aegis, Johnson, llumar, global, and have one in the mail coming from sungard. That fact of the matter is that everyone on here can give you their opinions about what film to use but at the end of the day you have to apply and purchase your own. "Test Drive" them and make sure you take good notes on each film you apply so you can go back and make a final decision. Good Luck

Guest fullspeeddesigns

Ok ill defiantly call around and get some samples. I just think these cheap films are not as thick as they claim them to be. I just did the front driver window . Everything was perfect intill the end. I spent 20 mins working fingers out and used a tad bit of eat and bam. 3 creases. I heated the outside of the window up just a little and worked the finger with the curve of the window. I dont think it should take half hour on a wide window to work it out? Thanks for the help!

Guest alexbolt

i just started tinting a while ago as well i have some northern tint some ewf tint and im still calling suntek and johnsons to see if they cant send me a roll to try take his advice and find out which film works best for you

Guest soltekfilms

Hi, I am with Christina with Soltek Films, Give me a call @ 888-558-4680 and I can send you a free sample to work with =)

Your creases are from you and not the film per say. On the car you have to shrink the bottom on the outside before you install it. Suntek is a very friendly tint to use I know, johnsons is also nice but a lot more aggressive adhesive. Get stan's DVD set and plenty of info on here to help. Good luck

Cool Tint gave you some really good advice on post #2 :drive Find one you like working with from your samples and stick with it for awhile as you build your skills. As you get better, cleaner and faster tinting be sure that if you change film types to go back and revisit products so you can compare them with better and better skills. You will eventually like the one you are using the best! For me that's the Global QDP :thumb

We got into the graphic business about 4-5 years ago and I can tell you the two business complement each other great. Are you guys printing vinyl?

Cheers

Stan

Best I can tell from looking at the ebay listing is the Walmart film might even be better :beer Probably was hard to work with but always check side windows as most need a little wet forming to make your life easier.

Archived