Upgrading Warranties

I think extended warranties are great. I bought a 46" Plasma from Best buy five years ago, and i bought the warranty. They have replaced 4 remotes for it so far, not because they didnt last its because i throw them at my younger brother LOL so the extended warranty paid for itself and some. Bought 4 new tires from Americas tire for my Titan, and bought the extended warranty just for one tire which was $15. 30k miles later, i got a huge screw on the side wall. Took it in, and they said i have warranty on one tire, and they replaced that tire which is $228 new :lol So, it all depends on how you look at it. I think its a great idea what EWF is doing. Remember, their goal is for you to stock less film and be able to offer lifetime warranty, and standard warranty for people that are on the budget.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think its a great idea what EWF is doing. Remember, their goal is for you to stock less film and be able to offer lifetime warranty, and standard warranty for people that are on the budget.

Thanks FBO,

I couldn't have explained it better myself.

CB is presently shipping with the CS coverage included. The cards are with the graphic artist now and will be an attractive mirror hangar design, like the rest the the Express Warranty cards. We are considering printing the suggested retail price right on the card - so dealers do not have to be shy about asking for the additional amount at the time of the sale.

-Howard

Guest filmslayer

for me if a film is CS , send the damn warranty with it ! charging more for it leads me to believe manu needs more money to cover his ass cause the film is not what it should be . as a shop , i dont see the value of it and just seems like a gimmick to me ...

The importance of lifetime warranty terminology has lesssened somewhat these days downunder because everyone had to be the same or not get a sale.

BS rules supreme and now that there is a level playing field and there is nowhere to go on further with this charade, it is all settling down.

However it doesn't change the duck shoving when claims are made. All it's done has put more emphasis back on the mug installers and shop owners.

Upselling of warranties here has not happened and will never IMHO.

Devil

Guest tintjackal
for me if a film is CS , send the damn warranty with it ! charging more for it leads me to believe manu needs more money to cover his ass cause the film is not what it should be .

:bingo The manny has the same amount of money in the product why charge more or less for a warranty on the same product? Reminds me of those snake oil salesmen in the old time movies :lol

Archived