Cut or Tuck @ the gasket

Guest jcoe

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are experienced at pulling panels, and ensuring clips go back in properly, then they are just like new when you reinstall them. I pull them about 75% of the time. It gets really quick and easy once you get accustomed to it.

I have tucked a few, like the Audi A8, where pulling the panel is tough. And, I have also installed a few where the film just meets the dp gasket, and haven't had a peeler back, yet. Never have I trimmed/cut a gasket.

I agree that no-one's method is best - just the quality/cleanliness of the job that matters, to me and my custys at least.

I didnt read the whole thread, to much nonsens in here, to pull or not to pull the gaskets. I personally never pull any gaskets, my customers getting mad. Sometimes it getting a little bit tricky when you leave to much film on the bottom, so you have to fight with friggin gaskets, i normaly have an overlap of quarter of an inch to pull and have never any issues with customers so far. We do car wraps also and when we need the door handles or something other off we call a proffesional so he can handle the broken plastic clips...

Archived