How long does it take to tint?

Guest jcoe

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that quality is most important, but I've been trying to get faster. Im mobile, so from the time i unload my equipment and pack up. Im doing 4 doors in 2 1/2 hr, 2-doors in 2 hours and suvs around 3 hours, which is pretty slow.

I think the avergage 4 door should be done in less than 2 hours and thats what im aiming for.

Guest filmslayer
worry about doing it right not about doing it fast ... :lol2

great answer! re-read the question. he just ask when does everybody start the clock when they talk about there 1 hour or 5 hour tint job

yeah i know ! i've seen enough DMC threads here ....

you should treat a tint job like having s*x. Sure most guys can get it done quickly.

However the people that take their time to turn out quaility work. Always keep'em coming back for more. :thumb

Oh and my clocks starts when I pull the car in.

Clock stops when i'm done with all windows tinted cleaned and the car is back in the parking lot.

Don't ever feel bad for taking 2 to 3 hours to tint a 4dr car. Chances are you are probably doing it right. :lol2

Guest Malcolm E Boo
worry about doing it right not about doing it fast ... :lol2

great answer! re-read the question. he just ask when does everybody start the clock when they talk about there 1 hour or 5 hour tint job

yeah i know ! i've seen enough DMC threads here ....

Haven't we all

I usually schedule one hour to do most vehicles. clock starts when i get to the shop and ends when i am pulling out. I do have a helper to clean and prep windows for me and clean up behind me. all film is handcut and everything is loaded and unloaded from the car for each job. My sales rep says Im OCD. everything i do and every step i take is planned. Time is money and bay space in the shops is expensive. some days i am lucky to have more then one vehicle per stop. Personel record was 4 completes in 3 hours. On slow days we never slow down. in and out so if the phone rings were ready to roll

I tell people 1.5 hours to do their car. This is just in case something goes horribly wrong. I start the clock when I pull the car in. Stop when I write up the warranty card. Pretty much every 4 door car takes just under an hour including the very little paperwork I do.

Archived