How long does it take to tint?

Guest jcoe

FWIW I used 19 minutes out of the alotted 20 minutes during the tint off to do a front door on a Corolla. I did the window twice and came in fifth place for the finals and third overall after the bg. If I treated everycar like someone is going to be judging my work it would take me 2 or 3 hours to complete once the car is pulled in. When I am working at the dealership I can do car faster that two jiggles of a jack rabbits ass.

You should tint every car like it is being judged. Doesn't matter if theirs a prize envolved, but every tint job your turn out is looked at buy the owner of the car. Along with everyone else they show their car too. :twocents

I treat every window that rolls out of my shop like it was on my own car.

Thats how I know if the job is acceptable. So, when I'm trying to decide if a window needs to be redone. I ask my self, "would this be ok if it was your car?".

As i see it, if you let a window slide, that needs to be redone. You may save $5-$15, but that custy won't ever use you again or recommned you.

Actually....I let things slide on my own car that I would never let go on a customer's car. :beer

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chitowntintartist

worry about doing it right not about doing it fast ... twocents.gif

this is exactly how i feel. always the first time doing a car that i have never done before will take me a little more than usual. i hate when i hear people say how fast they are and do sh***y work.

Guest genesis

We do everything by appointments. We tell the customer to expect 3 to 4 hours depending on the car. Clock starts when they walk in the door.

This includes:

15 to 30 mins check-in by the front desk

1 to 2.5 hour window tinting including pre and post clean up.

15 to 30 mins for details and any minor touch up

15 mins check out

We have a defect rate of less than 1% for sure. No race, just want to do it right the first time and leave the customer talking about the positive experience.

We do everything by appointments. We tell the customer to expect 3 to 4 hours depending on the car. Clock starts when they walk in the door.

This includes:

15 to 30 mins check-in by the front desk

1 to 2.5 hour window tinting including pre and post clean up.

15 to 30 mins for details and any minor touch up

15 mins check out

We have a defect rate of less than 1% for sure. No race, just want to do it right the first time and leave the customer talking about the positive experience.

Thats the best way to do auto. I tell my custy's around 3 hours. I'm usually done in 2 but just in case. I hate to be rushed, or things come up with other custy's stoping in, and from time to time I do have to redo a window for a second time if I'm not happy with the first piece. But the bottom line is every car leaves done right. And I don't think I had 1 custy come back this year for a problem with my work. Knock on wood.

Archived