First New Car! Which tint is best of these 3 options?

Guest veronicaanon

Guest veronicaanon

I am getting a brand new 2012 Ford Fiesta with red leather interior. I am terrified that the sun will eat away at these so I'd like a very nice, strong and durable tint.

I do live in the desert, West Texas, and it's extremely sunny and hot all the time, including winter.

I have three options so far, and would like help in selecting the best, as I know absolutely nothing about tinting and have never owned a new car before. Each dealer has assured me that they are the best deal, so I'm really confused.

Please forgive any misspellings.

1. $--- Llumar..not sure about that spelling...with lifetime warranty but no abuse warranty

2. $--- SunTek with a lifetime warranty and free abuse warranty (meaning anything including fading, bubbling, scratches from my dog or knicks from my keys will ensure a free replacement)

3. $--- Formula One with an additional $20 abuse warranty.

Also, this is another random question, but I am allowed 4 or 5% tinting in the rear windows. Some offer me 16%. Then my side windows would be at 25% or 30%. I'm automatically presuming that the 4% and 25% combo would be best to block out as much as sunlight as possible to protect my interior, but I'm not sure this is accurate. Which would you go with and why?

Thank you so much for your help, and please forgive my ignorance.

-Veronica

I would choose either Llumar or Formula One however it seems a little odd that LLumar and Formula One is the same price, hopefully someone else will shed some more light on these 2 prices being the same. Never heard of an abuse warranty but it might be something that the dealer offers for his/her customers.

Think of it this way. I tell you I will sell you a Ford. Is it a Fiesta or a GT40? They need to be more specific as there are great high quality films from each of these suppliers although there are also lower end products that I wouldn't suggest having put on a car in Texas.

Dig a little deeper on the actual product and what the warranty covers, color change etc...

Guest veronicaanon

Ok, I just went back to speak with the dealers, and it turns out the dealer who gave me option 3 was wrong. His clerk is new and misread the info.

It's actually a brand called Solarguard and the series is HP Supreme. (same price)

I also found out the series of Llumar the first option was talking about.

So now my options are:

1. $--- LLumar - High performance series with lifetime warranty but no abuse warranty

2. $--- SunTek with a lifetime warranty and free abuse warranty (meaning anything including fading, bubbling, scratches from my dog or knicks from my keys will ensure a free replacement)

3. $--- Solar Guard - HP Supreme series with an additional $20 abuse warranty ($--- total)

I'm guessing this changes things significantly. What do you all think? thanks again!

Lumar for sure you can go to www.myspace.com/ljrutherford and look at the pictures of tinted cars.. p/p has a great look on those cars and there is a album for ATR & PLATINUM PLUS if they are using Llumar make sure or ask what series it is?

Archived