First New Car! Which tint is best of these 3 options?

Guest veronicaanon

Llumar definitely. Like Jeff said make sure that price is for ATR which would be in their high performance line. Never heard of an abuse warranty. I'd skip that whole idea and just be careful around your windows. i.e. don't jam ski poles into the car and scratch the tint in the process.

As far as what shades to go with. I just read TX updated laws and I like the way they did it. If you decide to go with ATR, I'd go with 20% ATR on the front and rear sides. The law is 25% +/-5% and ATR 20 reads around 22 when metered so you will be within the legal limit. The back glass I would not go darker than 15%. I would personally just stick with the 20 all the way around. Since the law states ANY on the back glass, the darkest(5%) seems logical. However, this is extremely dark and very difficult to see out of, especially at night.

you can go to www.myspace.com/ljrutherford

People still have those???

lmao..yes since its so much better for pictures... i sell more graphics of myspace than any other sight and over the phone :beer

you dont need a account or be signed into myspace to view, one of the reasons why it makes it so much better

Guest veronicaanon
Llumar definitely. Like Jeff said make sure that price is for ATR which would be in their high performance line. Never heard of an abuse warranty. I'd skip that whole idea and just be careful around your windows. i.e. don't jam ski poles into the car and scratch the tint in the process.

As far as what shades to go with. I just read TX updated laws and I like the way they did it. If you decide to go with ATR, I'd go with 20% ATR on the front and rear sides. The law is 25% +/-5% and ATR 20 reads around 22 when metered so you will be within the legal limit. The back glass I would not go darker than 15%. I would personally just stick with the 20 all the way around. Since the law states ANY on the back glass, the darkest(5%) seems logical. However, this is extremely dark and very difficult to see out of, especially at night.

Awesome! ATR is what they're offering, athough they only offer 30%, which I'm pretty upset about. I would really like 20% and maybe 15% in the back.

Ha, also, that's a very nice Fiesta image! Hope mine looks as good.

Guest veronicaanon
I saw a 5% variance on the law. Guess not huh. 30% it is

I thought I read that too.

So, what is the lowest percentage I can get and still pass inspection?

I'm so so bummed about 30%. I've heard it's not very dark at all and I'm plagued by dreams of leather interior fading and cracking. Why, oh why did I opt for Ebony Black exterior...gulp!

I saw a 5% variance on the law. Guess not huh. 30% it is

I thought I read that too.

So, what is the lowest percentage I can get and still pass inspection?

I'm so so bummed about 30%. I've heard it's not very dark at all and I'm plagued by dreams of leather interior fading and cracking. Why, oh why did I opt for Ebony Black exterior...gulp!

30% is fine. You are not gonna have that big of a jump in fade protection by putting 20 on the front windows. If the F1 shop has pinnacle or the llumar shop has ctx then use one of those. Everything fades in time.

Archived