Who makes 3M's 72'' NV films?

We have been told not to use 72'' NV-15 with the other sizes. I did a test at the shop. It's close, but it's not the same film. Feels kinda like Hanitatek. I thought maybe they were still selling the old formula from a couple of years ago, but the adhesive is not the same. Anyone know?

We have been told not to use 72'' NV-15 with the other sizes. I did a test at the shop. It's close, but it's not the same film. Feels kinda like Hanitatek. I thought maybe they were still selling the old formula from a couple of years ago, but the adhesive is not the same. Anyone know?

The new NV 72" will match all other sizes.

3M makes it.

3M's 72" NV films match the other sizes.

Not the case for some of 3M's other film types.

They must have sent some of the old stuff, because it doesn't match. Didn't they switch about two years ago? The adhesive is not the same as the old stuff. I thought I would check with TD before we bitched at our rep. If it matches for you, why doesn't it match for me?

3M's 72" NV films match the other sizes.

Not the case for some of 3M's other film types.

They must have sent some of the old stuff, because it doesn't match. Didn't they switch about two years ago? The adhesive is not the same as the old stuff. I thought I would check with TD before we bitched at our rep. If it matches for you, why doesn't it match for me?

You are right. There was a switch a few years ago - don't remember exactly when - and the newer stuff doesn't match the older stuff.

It's like carpet... Must use the same roll in order for it to match or at least the same roll number

Not really. The problem here is the formulation for this film was changed a few years ago so the new film doesn't match the old one.

We all the time install the same type current film from different rolls (without checking lot or roll numbers) next to each other without problems. If we need to seam a large window we will use swatches from the same individual roll, but for different windows even right next to each other we will use film from different rolls without even thinking about it.

Archived