2011 tint off

While it is true that these cars were easy, this was still very difficult. There are certainly other vehicles that would "test" us even more. If it was such an easy contest, or such an easy car, then we would all have been a point or two away from each other in our scores. We werent bc this test not only tested our ability, it tested us mentally. I used all my time both rounds bc i messed up on my first try. I had to remain calm for the second attempt. All I am saying is its easy to assume that somthing will be a cake walk, and I thought the same when I saw the cars. Look at the guy who won the last 2, he wasnt even a finalist.

Im just saying this contest was not easy.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying it was easy to win. Only being judged by tinting one window would have made the judges job as tough as the installers.

My point is that i tougher car should have been used to truly see who had the real skills. Anyone who has tinting windows for a year or so had just a good of a chance on that door as someone who had been tinting windows for many years. I guess what I'm getting at was that this contest was 50% skill and 50% luck.

Don't take this as me knocking you skills TJ. I think coming in third place would be great. :beach

Hell I would have been happy just to make it to the top 6.

Oh and I hope you don't spend all your winnings on beer. :zzz however you might take your boss out to dinner for taking you. :coffee

Guest thatsnappyguy

Memphis is nice, but it only took a few hours to do everything and then was kinda boring. Next time, it should be held in a party town. I would say Nola, but most of the contestants would be hungover.

Guest TexasTinter
While it is true that these cars were easy, this was still very difficult. There are certainly other vehicles that would "test" us even more. If it was such an easy contest, or such an easy car, then we would all have been a point or two away from each other in our scores. We werent bc this test not only tested our ability, it tested us mentally. I used all my time both rounds bc i messed up on my first try. I had to remain calm for the second attempt. All I am saying is its easy to assume that somthing will be a cake walk, and I thought the same when I saw the cars. Look at the guy who won the last 2, he wasnt even a finalist.

:lol2 Your are right Troy. Having to talk to the proctors was wierd for me. Even though I deal with customers on a daily. I felt like I wasnt gonna say the right thing to them and then they deduct points for that. Does anyone have a list of the rules that we had so maybe you everyone else can get an idea of what really went on???

One guy had been disqualified cause a judge found a olfa snap on a car.

Memphis is nice, but it only took a few hours to do everything and then was kinda boring. Next time, it should be held in a party town. I would say Nola, but most of the contestants would be hungover.

Dnag Chris, we stayed til today and still didt get to do everything. We spent a few nights on Beale st which was totally different than any party st ive ever been on. The music and food was incredible. We went to Graceland and saw everything there was to see, which took about 4 hours, and then toured Sun Sudio. Yesterday we took a carriage ride which gave us so much history about the city. Then we went to the civil rights museum which is at the Lorraine Hotel where MLK was assasinated. That gave us chills bc the scene is the same as the day it happened. His car is still in the parking lot.

We went to the Peabody Hotel to see the duck palace. We rode on the very first elevator this side of St Louis. We went to Orpheum theater which has a ton of music history and is haunted. There is one seat there they wont sell a ticket for bc this little girl named Mary has been seen sitting in it.

Cant think of anything else we did right now, but my wife and i had a blast. Lots of panhandlers and the city is filthy, but well worth a visit just for the historical value.

:lol2 Your are right Troy. Having to talk to the proctors was wierd for me. Even though I deal with customers on a daily. I felt like I wasnt gonna say the right thing to them and then they deduct points for that. Does anyone have a list of the rules that we had so maybe you everyone else can get an idea of what really went on???

One guy had been disqualified cause a judge found a olfa snap on a car.

I have it on a pdf I think. When i get to the office ill post it.

Archived