Strange Dry shrinking problem

Guest matt5983

Guest Malcolm E Boo
While were on this topic, and im new to this method, mostly wet shrunk them how much difference does using soap make as not to use anything

Soap makes the world of difference as it creates a lubricating barrier between the scratch coating and the glass so the film is able to glide over the glass rather than stick on to it which is what is probably happening with you.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Malcolm E Boo
so by it sticking and not having any lubrication when i go to smooth it out this in turn causes it to crease real quick

It ain't gonna help.

Where abouts are you?

Guest Malcolm E Boo
near exeter in devon mate, just started to go it alone doing it mobile but do have a place for when the weather is crap.........

Bit too far away for me to give you a few pointers.

There isnt a video on youtube telling you to shrink dry (without anything) and wet anchor, is there? The creases to my knowledge are due to the fact that you arent using anything and the film is catching on the glass. With either a dried soap film or powder it allows the film to almost hover over the window and pull tight. Easier to avoid creases because the film will push down and out before it bunches up.and creases.

While were on this topic, and im new to this method, mostly wet shrunk them how much difference does using soap make as not to use anything

To your question. I should mention im not a pro at it. But just started dry shrinking myself. So correct me if i may seem a little outlandish with my words. But.....as i mentioned just before. As having a competely clean or dry window. (With no powder of soap or dryer sheet residue) the film will stick and not allow for pushing out. Thats one thing i noticed with wet shrinking. It holds the film too much. Doesnt allow it to do its own thing and shrink. Also room for error because the film doesnt push out too much either and possibility for creasing.

Guest matt5983
There isnt a video on youtube telling you to shrink dry (without anything) and wet anchor, is there? The creases to my knowledge are due to the fact that you arent using anything and the film is catching on the glass. With either a dried soap film or powder it allows the film to almost hover over the window and pull tight. Easier to avoid creases because the film will push down and out before it bunches up.and creases.

To your question. I should mention im not a pro at it. But just started dry shrinking myself. So correct me if i may seem a little outlandish with my words. But.....as i mentioned just before. As having a competely clean or dry window. (With no powder of soap or dryer sheet residue) the film will stick and not allow for pushing out. Thats one thing i noticed with wet shrinking. It holds the film too much. Doesnt allow it to do its own thing and shrink. Also room for error because the film doesnt push out too much either and possibility for creasing.

There is a couple of videos on there that do it with or without, but they must be magicians !!!!

i agree with what u said about wet shrinking, another thing that gets me is the mucking about with fingers and spltting the bigger ones etc

Archived