Strange Dry shrinking problem

Guest matt5983

Guest matt5983
Couple things you can try. cut the sides perfect. a finger on the side will get huge when you move it to the top or bottom. also do not "H" the window out. just a horizontal wet line in the middle. then you will be able to shrink all the way to the corners. Heat guns have thermal regulators. when they start to go bad they began to pulse heat. make sure you have a good quality heat gun. with the colder weather comming, turn on the defroster and get the window hot before you start shrinking. this will make a big difference in time and getting an even shrink. if the window is cold the upper and lower edges will be more difficult.

It seems it might be using a "h" anchor, i did it again and one side of the H, bottom quadrant didnt anchor and shrunk it fine, other side did anchor and caused me problems, So done it as you suggested with just a horizontal anchor and did it fairly quickly.

I noticed when using an h anchor that you have to shrink the quadrant more as theres more excess as the side is anchored, without the side anchor theres less excess as it moves away from what ur shrinking as its not anchored.

Have you guys noticed the same thing?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest matt5983
This is true since more film in anchored so there is less to shrink. It's a learning process. Enjoy.

So am i thinking along the right lines, that actually doing a "H" anchor causes more problems than just using a horizontal one.

Archived