Ever get super picky customers who say this?

Taco_Conch

I had tinted a new cherokee a few months ago. I love doing these things, they always come out super clean. Anyways, I had a customer come back and he was complaining about a bubble. I took a look at it, and it was a pin-sized spec of contamination on the passenger window near the bottom back corner. It smashed right out and he still wanted it redone. Here's what he said, "I used to tint cars and never had that problem.....etc. etc." Obviously he was full of it, but I have had one other super picky customer say the same thing before. What's something short and sweet I could say to prove they've never tinted a car in their life and make them feel really stupid and contemplate suicide? Thanks.

I'd probably ask them to tell you about their experiences tinting, not in a confrontational way more of a "No kidding! you tinted, cool for how long?"

I figure it will get the conversation going in a friendly manner and if it turns out they barely touched film as it would probably be the case you will have an easier time explaining what is normal etc... Showing an interest in it instead of telling them to do it themselves will probably get better results.

Whats the phrase? You'll catch more flies with honey :boogie

I'd probably ask them to tell you about their experiences tinting, not in a confrontational way more of a "No kidding! you tinted, cool for how long?"

I figure it will get the conversation going in a friendly manner and if it turns out they barely touched film as it would probably be the case you will have an easier time explaining what is normal etc... Showing an interest in it instead of telling them to do it themselves will probably get better results.

Whats the phrase? You'll catch more flies with honey :wave-finger

Bingo Tim you always have to keep it classy.

one of my favorite lines is to tell the customer to get it done better. Then I will be glad to give them their money back.

And I have yet to have to pay out on that bet. :wave-finger

This is what I have done in the rare occurrence of "that type of customer" , they back down :please

Archived