Rough price to wrap a car in the UK/Wales area

Guest griffin dai

Guest griffin dai

I'm 50/50 on what to do with my current car. Its a Saab 9000 Aero (yep its old... but quick!!) and I've spent thousands on the performance side to get it over 450bhp, the plan was to push it even further this year to 500-550 but its not in the best condition bodywise with rust/dents etc but mechanically its fine. So I was going to swap all the performance bits across to a saab 9-3 and basically start again but am now thinking of sorting the bodywork out and then wrapping it in either a matt black or pearlescent white instead for a fresh look.

How much ££££ would I be looking at to get it professionally wrapped and are there any decent places in South Wales/Bristol area I should be looking at? Also what kind of prep work would I have to get done to the body after the rust is fixed and the panels have been replaced? I'm guessing some cars will have the odd bit of rust/dents on them before they get wrapped so whats the score there?

As the cars silver when they wrap these do they also wrap the door slams, under the boot etc etc so the new colour (black for example) can be seen on all the old silver parts? Just wondering if it would be better to have them sprayed black before getting them covered?

Cheers, Dave.

cannot tell you price but normally standart price doesnt include inside of doors areas, wrap is just like cover so if doors are closed its black, if you open them it will be silver,

altough, every solid wrapper will cover anything you name and want, but you must count with higher pricing on extra jobs like door insides etc. it may greatly vary from country to country but i think standart is without door insides, but like i said, they cover anything you pay:)

Guest griffin dai

Thanks, how difficult is it to actually wrap a car? Can it be done by one person diy or will it end in disaster!! I've done some interior bits but nothing huge...largest was some dash facias. Id have a crack at it myself but I'm not confident enough yet!

Guest Malcolm E Boo
Thanks, how difficult is it to actually wrap a car? Can it be done by one person diy or will it end in disaster!! I've done some interior bits but nothing huge...largest was some dash facias. Id have a crack at it myself but I'm not confident enough yet!

You have answered your own question.

Guest griffin dai

I've got a spare bodykit sat back home...I think I'll practice wrapping that but in Satin Black for the front & Matt Black on the rear to see what looks best. I quite like the look on the satin black!

Apart from the Ebay (uk) stuff is there anywhere else that sells it for a reasonable price?

I'm looking at around £1500+ to fix the rust problem so it looks like I'll have to have a crack at wrapping it myself! Any tips!!

Guest Malcolm E Boo
I've got a spare bodykit sat back home...I think I'll practice wrapping that but in Satin Black for the front & Matt Black on the rear to see what looks best. I quite like the look on the satin black!

Apart from the Ebay (uk) stuff is there anywhere else that sells it for a reasonable price?

I'm looking at around £1500+ to fix the rust problem so it looks like I'll have to have a crack at wrapping it myself! Any tips!!

Yeah, take it to somebody who knows what they are doing.

Archived