Post here if you were at the 2011 Tint-Off Memphis

I just got home from the airport. It was a good time, hope to bring home that trophey next time. Met some really great ppl from the industry. Bought me the gold standard film handler while I was there.couldn't pass up the show special deal.
Please let us know how you like it. I really like the design.

Those were really nice, I would like to know how well it stacks up too. If it is as good as or better than the Filmhandler then it should be a success.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked everything about the 2nd gen film handler. The only thing that might not be so handy is having to slide the roll of on and off the top bar. Mainly because I change film rolls often using my film handler for auto and flat glass.

I'm also not sure if you can get a 6 inch hub for using security film on the new handler or not. Either way I still gotta have me one soon. :lol2

I liked everything about the 2nd gen film handler. The only thing that might not be so handy is having to slide the roll of on and off the top bar. Mainly because I change film rolls often using my film handler for auto and flat glass.

I'm also not sure if you can get a 6 inch hub for using security film on the new handler or not. Either way I still gotta have me one soon. :lol2

That isnt a film handler. Its a different name. I didnt think about that. It looks like you would have to get taller sides to raise the film up. I also think it would be a little more difficult to load the film, but i think you can pull the top bar off completely to put a new roll on it. It also looks heavier.

I'm also not sure if you can get a 6 inch hub for using security film on the new handler or not. Either way I still gotta have me one soon. :beer

That isnt a film handler. Its a different name. I didnt think about that. It looks like you would have to get taller sides to raise the film up. I also think it would be a little more difficult to load the film, but i think you can pull the top bar off completely to put a new roll on it. It also looks heavier.

the guy from midwest marketing told me it weighed about the same possibly an once or 2 less. :lol2

Also the tacky strip placed on the drop bar is a great idea. However I'm not normally dragging the film handler to each window to cut my film. And I'm not walking across the room with exposed film to place on a window either. So while as a demo this idea may seem great. I do not see it being practical in the field.

The guy selling it said it came with the shims for security film. It looked like lightweight alluminum to me. Maybe Patrick needs to do a 3 way comparison side by side to compare the original, the second gen and the gold standard. That would be cool.

I'm also not sure if you can get a 6 inch hub for using security film on the new handler or not. Either way I still gotta have me one soon. :beer

the guy from midwest marketing told me it weighed about the same possibly an once or 2 less. :lol2

Also the tacky strip placed on the drop bar is a great idea. However I'm not normally dragging the film handler to each window to cut my film. And I'm not walking across the room with exposed film to place on a window either. So while as a demo this idea may seem great. I do not see it being practical in the field.

There was a guy that

had a cool peel board at the tint-off that was made of a 6 foot ladder on rollers. That could be useful is some situations.

Archived