working on a facebook account for the biz

I can see why some people would not like Facebook. But for business it is something you can't afford to ignore -imo. A page is a different experience from a user account.

On a different note, we work with FB through our customers on the film side and have done a lot of their buildings. Great customer from that standpoint!

Here is our FB page, we incorporated online purchasing so you can buy tools and supplies while you are logged into FB. We could use a few "likes" if anyone wants to throw one down I'll send you a free tools with your order. :hmmm

I gave the Zola page a like. yesterday.But i don't know how to become friends with other bisinesses. Send me a request if you know how Patric. :thumb

You need to log into your page and select "Use Page as C to C" over on the right. At that point, you will be using Facebook as your company page. Then go to the business page that you want to follow and select the "like" option. Then you will be following them as your company and not your personal page. Hope that helps. If you have any other question, please let me know. Be happy to help. :beer

I'd start by getting a decent "fan" base....do so by giving 5-10% off next ______ when the customer like's your page. Possibly post pictures of people's cars after they've been tinted, and tag the person (this is important, if they have facebook). Most people love showing off their newly tinted car, and when you tag them, it'll go out to all of their friends. Make sure to slap your name and logo at the top of the pictures. Also, social media experts are keen on the idea that your page has to be fun; post riddles, questions, etc....get your customers/fans on your page daily/weekly. Get them involved, don't just be a stagnant page (there are tons of those already). If you're the only shop in the area doing this, your name will quickly rise above the rest.

Tinter's don't know how good they have it....people love getting their cars tinted (maybe not paying for it, but they love the result) and don't mind inadvertently advertising for a shop. Not all professions are as cool, and nobody wants to see uncool stuff on their news feed.

EDIT - So I just noticed that the OP's business does mostly residential/commercial tint?....some of the above can be adapted to residential jobs. Not sure about the commercial ones, though.

your page looks good Joe. I'm not real good with using the site yet,but I will keep at it. :spit

Ric sorry to hear you don't like facebook. I'm new to the whole thing myself.

I did the facebook thing for a while. It's cool at first.

hate to say I told ya so...... :poke:lol

I have been putting off manging a facebook account for our bisiness for so long now. I finally decided to see if Facebook would actually help grow our biz or not.

I am very poor with computers and limited on the time I'm willing to spend with facebook. Any suggestions my fellow shop owners and friends might have on growing your biz through facebook. I would be greatfully for.

Checkout Coast To Coast Tinting on facebook and give me your feedback please. :thumb

I see you have a website; maybe you could include a link from your website to your facebook account gain more traffic? Also, using facebook may be a good way to build relationships with potential or existing clients (dealerships, local BOMA group, etc.). :thumb

Archived