2011 Nissan Juke

thats pretty cool looking. I have considered getting tinted film for doing head and tail lights. Can you buy that stuff factory direct, or do they only sell it through distributors?

not sure if Oracal sells direct, i have a supplier out of Calgary, the film is really not THAT expensive considering what you can charge for a set of lights. But its def more than window film

nice job what film is the yellow film

it is also Oracal 8300 series Transparent Cast Vinyl

thats pretty cool looking. I have considered getting tinted film for doing head and tail lights. Can you buy that stuff factory direct, or do they only sell it through distributors?

not sure if Oracal sells direct, i have a supplier out of Calgary, the film is really not THAT expensive considering what you can charge for a set of lights. But its def more than window film

does that film come in certain VLT's or is that just what they consider to be black or charcoal?

does that film come in certain VLT's or is that just what they consider to be black or charcoal?

just medium gray(very light) and dark grey(what you see in the above pics)

Guest Darknesswithin

looks great Dustin :thumb

now it's just a matter of time and you'll have the process down!! then you'll be unstoppable! glad I could help and if you need help just give me a shout :beer

just remember the Oracal Transparent vinyl is very forgiving so is you make a small mistake you can correct it without starting over, simply lift back up and lay it back down with ease.. just don't cut the vinyl untill you get it all the way past the edges or you will have to start over..

the VLT rating on the light grey VS dark grey (light smoke/dark smoke)

light grey allows 87% VLT

dark grey allows 67% VLT

some head or tail lights will appear darker because of the housing surrounding the lens itself, here where I'm at the law allows a distance of 500 ft on tails and the dark overlay exceeds the ratious by a long shot!

thanks man I am for sure going to look into picking up a few feet of that stuff. I get calls for it and turn it away because I don't know a good place to buy the film.

Now that I know what I'm looking for I know a few sticker guys who deal with oracal vynil.

You can get it from Sign Warehouse or US Cutter. you can get rolls as small as 15" or 24" wide x 10 yards so you don't have to make much of an investment - no acct needed..check out their websites

Archived