Madico Charcool vs Johnson Renegade-Which is better?

Guest Speed_Of_Flight

Guest Speed_Of_Flight

The second shop I got a quote from uses Madico film...

The quote for the Charcool 35 was --- plus -- for the windshield(I have an exemption for that) and --- +-- for the Metallic Charcool XRS 35....

This is my choice against Johnson Renegade for ---+---(mobile service)...

Appreciate any advice on Madico vs. Johnson........

Thanks...

Guest Speed_Of_Flight

Thanks TG.....

To complicate matters further a third shop called willing to do Llumar; but all they have is ATR in stock-which I think would block my RF (Radio, Radar Detector and Garmin)...He's willing to do the ATR for 190 but I said that I need a signal enabling film. He said he could order ATC...which I see is their dyed film and he wants an upcharge on that?

I thought LLumars most signal conductive film is their CTX?

Anywho.....are we talking same quality as Madico/Johnson and what is the correct line of LLUMAR for full Radar detector/GPS/radio reception?

The price is the most aggressive but I got a bit worried when he said ATR was cheaper than ATC

Thanks!!!!

Guest JoeDirte

The whole thing about the ATR is kind of a myth. Only on very rare occasions have people had any problems with signal interference with ATR. I have ATR 05 on my ride and I have no problems with radar detector, XM radio, or anything.

I would do the ATR a million times over!

CTX is the correct line for the LLumar Ceramic but I think you will be more happy with the ATR, it will look better too.

Dont know much about Johnson, but I can tell you there is no such thing as a Metallic CharCOOL. It only comes as a dyed color stable film. If thats what the Madico dealer said it was, I wouldnt do business with him b/c he will likely put the Charcool up and say its metallic unless he shows the the two different films. He may have mistaken the name for Madico Onyx, which is metallized.

The CharCOOL film will last an extremely long time compared to many films. In Texas, it easily lasts 8-10 years, in the Houston area. Yes, I do sell Madico.

If you have the antenna in the back glass and listen to AM radio, get a color stable film.

Guest windowtintwholesale

Johnson Renegade

hands down!

shrinks well ,has good color,sticks good ,easy clean-ups, no glue customer can take off them selves if ticket comes around.

Ive used several rolls and very happy!

Dave in Sacramento,calif

Johnson Renegade

hands down!

shrinks well ,has good color,sticks good ,easy clean-ups, no glue customer can take off them selves if ticket comes around.

Ive used several rolls and very happy!

Dave in Sacramento,calif

Have you used Madico Charcool? I have not used Johnson's Renegade so I cannot say that Charcool is the best hands down.

Madico Charcool, like TJ said is not metallized. Onyx will be your only Metalized film by Madico. I would pick Charcool over Onyx. Very color stable and the warranty is happily covered at any Madico Dealer, like most other films. Llumar makes a great film too. I would choose either over Johnson. Last, there is not a window on my truck that is not tinted, with that said I have dyed film and metalized and my electronics are not effected. Garmin radar or anything else. If you have an antenna in your rear glass the metalized film will block AM reception. If you put metalized film on the WS, you may lose a little distance on the radar.

Hope this Helps.

Archived