Security Film

Guest sunray

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rule #1 for me is never ever under any circumstance pick up your cell phone while you are wet glazing. Just leave the darn thing in your truck. :nope

Had to toss a Blackberry after a wet glaze job. I got DOW all over it, and after putting it back in my pocket, it bonded to the fabric and ripped off some buttons after trying to yank it loose.

The very first time we did 995, I used blue painters tape and when I pulled it away, I got about a 3foot section off the side and the tape ripped. It sent the tape loaded with 995 snot falling down on to the swanky wall paper. WTF! I went over to the wall paper guy begging him to throw me a bone and replace the piece I just wrecked. It cost me a 12 pack and I got him lunch the next day.

yea its a pain when the tape starts ripping and and you have to dig up a corner under all that caulk. I used to try and drop it in a trash bag as I pull it of but now I get some plastic and lay on the floor and as I pull a piece off I just drop it on the plastic and then roll up the plastic and put it in a trash bag. If you lay the tape down right you can get all the tape off in one swoop on the glass if you keep the next peice on top of the first piece. Then the tape on the frame is always one piece all the way around. That is unless it starts ripping and you have to go digging through the silicone to find an edge.

Archived