Flat glass marketing

jj

There is a lot of new housing going up in my area, its a semi rural place that's growing really quickly. Although there is a little competition they mainly advertise on the local radio and I was wondering if anyone has had much success with the more old fashioned letterbox leaflet drop. In my experience of flat glass (quite limited been busy with cars) you only have to do a few houses in a new estate to get the ball rolling. Does anyone use a temporary sign out the front of a freshly tinted house and maybe offer the customer a discount to leave it there for a week or so?

You will get 20 different answers. You have to actually do things and figure out whats best. We rarely advertise at all, but when we do, we do direct mail, and do all the leg work getting the addresses.

Every time I'm at a high volume shop that does auto and flat and I see they don't take the time to harvest the clients info the direct mailers it drives me crazy. All those leads under your nose just passing you by!

A lot of it's hit and miss, what works in one area may not work in another or what was a good marketing program two years ago won't always work today. Word of mouth/satisfied customer referral will always be the best marketing tool IMO. I ask for referral, you may not get anything, but when you do it's a gift... that extra job you don't have to hunt for.

Do you tell your auto customers that you do flat glass? I try to let every customer I deal with know about everything my business does.. why risk them going somewhere else?

Do you tell your auto customers that you do flat glass? I try to let every customer I deal with know about everything my business does.. why risk them going somewhere else?

Definitely do this. My friend does this and makes sure all his auto customers knows he does homes too. They might not 'get it' if you don't mention it to them...

Don't spin your wheels with the resi market. For the most part they are a one shot deal, spend your time and effort building a commercial base that will provide revenue for years. jMO

Agreed, but don't just let the homes go either. Those one shot deals can turn in to several referrals, as well as filling in spots between commercial jobs. :beer

One nice thing about residential vs. commercial. Cash flow. None of that net 30 mess

:thumb

Residential jobs can be a great way to make quick cash that will afford you the ability to take those net 30 jobs when they come around.

Archived