dealing with employee issues

Guest NEVRL8

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just fired a girl because of her negative unprofessional attitude. She thought she was too good for doing anything other than tinting. Now.....she not tinting either.

They also think they shouldn't do other work around the shop if it doesn't have to do with tinting.(its not in the job description)My response is "your job discription is anything I ask you to do"Do other shops have these issues and how do you deal with it.

next time you ask one to do something and they reply it's not in there job discription send them home, give them 3 days off without pay to take some time to decide if they want there job or not :thumb

Basically the salary part of their pay is for the "other stuff"! IMO... If the jackass doesn't want to do the whole job, then the jackass doesn't get the whole pay! I bet they take the "whole paycheck" even when you let them leave early when things are slow or they have a doctor appt or have to run an errand.

Could be time to restructure the way you pay them :lol!

Just food for thought.

TTC :uh

Guest Braud Spectrum
I've never owned a tint shop but I have managed many people before and it sounds to me that something wasn't handled right in the beginning.

The tone and job description need to be established from day one.  Don't waiver or bad attitudes and poor work ethic will creep up on you.

My response is "your job discription is anything I ask you to do"

Did you explain this to him when you hired this person?

Send 'em packin' if you can. Hire a new trainee and have him shadow your current tinter. If your current tinter asked WTF is that about tell him he's been hired to help around the shop and learn how to tint. Once the new guy learns to tint then you can tell Mr. attitude that he's been replaced.

That's what I always did Squeege. :lol Right from the get go. When we're not tinting you're doing something. :lol Even if it was helping me on one of my Winter home improvement projects. :uh They all learned to be pretty handy.

Legally if you want to can someone you should give them a verbal and awritten warning. Then they cant come back and get unemployment or claim that they were fired without cause.

You can buy pre made written warnings at any office store. I have filled many out, It helps people undrstand that they are about to get canned. Most problems are fixed one way or the other veryquickly.

Archived