where do these people come from

I love my job, but somedays I get the craziest request for work. This is an email I recieved feom a guy last night.

"I want to tint a half moon window in the living room. There are six parts ad I wanted to use a combination of colors in the film tint."

I want to reply back with that will be $600, please pull ahead to the next window. :dunno

Guest scottydosnntkno

maybe he wants some of the solyx stained glass looking films?

Either way, figure out what your material cost would be and give him a price.

I know you don't charge as much as some of us on here do, so the $600 might be a lot of money but all day long i'd just tell him $750 minimum and offer him any of the solar graphics films.

Special jobs like this are ways to make the cake money while doing something you don't get to do every day. Deco jobs don't come along very often, but usually when they do people want something specific and are willing to pay. Look at all Mike's deco jobs he does, some of those are BIG BIG money, for (relatively) small amount of work compared to normal flat glass or especially auto.

Maybe just tell him "stained glass overlay" If you dont have all that film in stock for color then you might not make a dime and sit on that film forever.

solar graphics you can buy by the foot, which really comes as 14-15" long x 60/72" wide

maybe he wants some of the solyx stained glass looking films?

Either way, figure out what your material cost would be and give him a price.

I know you don't charge as much as some of us on here do, so the $600 might be a lot of money but all day long i'd just tell him $750 minimum and offer him any of the solar graphics films.

Special jobs like this are ways to make the cake money while doing something you don't get to do every day. Deco jobs don't come along very often, but usually when they do people want something specific and are willing to pay. Look at all Mike's deco jobs he does, some of those are BIG BIG money, for (relatively) small amount of work compared to normal flat glass or especially auto.

Maybe just tell him "stained glass overlay" If you dont have all that film in stock for color then you might not make a dime and sit on that film forever.

solar graphics you can buy by the foot, which really comes as 14-15" long x 60/72" wide

I wasnt aware you could buy by the foot.

Archived