Suntek installers....CXP 18/35 question....

Guest Speed_Of_Flight

Guest Speed_Of_Flight

Hey guys....

I just got my GTO (2006) tinted with Madico CharCool 20 and 55(windshield) and the company did a soso job and I found a 2nd company that did my wifes car w/Llumar and did an awesome job.

Question is; He stocks the CXP 55 for windshields but if I go with ST 18 or 35 he will have to pay for a whole role of 36"-whatever the shortest is.

What's that cost to a medium volume installer.....?

Otherwise I will have to find a Llumar film that is truly as black as the CharCool-if possible.

Thanks alot for the info...Learning what a "black art" tinting is!

PS...IS the "pinking" resolved that I read about on the CNP 35....I had my whole house tinted with ST ULVDS and it looked "pink/purple/green" banded-had to tear it off and install HO C30.

Guest Speed_Of_Flight

"sooo glad this ain't my custy"

Sigh...

Slayer..guys like you vex me. Simple situation; the 15 yr tinter messed up(6 scratches in 4 of 6 surfaces; fingerprints between the film and glass, etc) my Madico job on my GTO. Now I have to pay a 2nd installer to peel off his mistake so I really don't need the sarcasm.

The question was answered politely by many and you have to throw that in?

I paid 250 for a two door coupe with a dyed film and I am just here trying to get informed; not "third person dissed."

Thanks to all the guys who answered politely...

Slayer...you should look up the word "Hubris" as I am someone's client and if you treat me like that in cyberspace; hate to see how you treat your paying clients in reality. Seriously.

Modesty(silence) speaks volumes more than your "holier than thou" response.

P.S. The // Man..thanks for the Llumar info.

P.S.S. I found out I can buy 10' of 40"/ 60" Suntek CXP 18 direct from the Tint Center.....

Hey guys....

I just got my GTO (2006) tinted with Madico CharCool 20 and 55(windshield) and the company did a soso job and I found a 2nd company that did my wifes car w/Llumar and did an awesome job.

Question is; He stocks the CXP 55 for windshields but if I go with ST 18 or 35 he will have to pay for a whole role of 36"-whatever the shortest is.

What's that cost to a medium volume installer.....?

Otherwise I will have to find a Llumar film that is truly as black as the CharCool-if possible.

Thanks alot for the info...Learning what a "black art" tinting is!

PS...IS the "pinking" resolved that I read about on the CNP 35....I had my whole house tinted with ST ULVDS and it looked "pink/purple/green" banded-had to tear it off and install HO C30.

"sooo glad this ain't my custy"

Sigh...

Slayer..guys like you vex me. Simple situation; the 15 yr tinter messed up(6 scratches in 4 of 6 surfaces; fingerprints between the film and glass, etc) my Madico job on my GTO. Now I have to pay a 2nd installer to peel off his mistake so I really don't need the sarcasm.

The question was answered politely by many and you have to throw that in?

I paid 250 for a two door coupe with a dyed film and I am just here trying to get informed; not "third person dissed."

Thanks to all the guys who answered politely...

Slayer...you should look up the word "Hubris" as I am someone's client and if you treat me like that in cyberspace; hate to see how you treat your paying clients in reality. Seriously.

Modesty(silence) speaks volumes more than your "holier than thou" response.

P.S. The // Man..thanks for the Llumar info.

P.S.S. I found out I can buy 10' of 40"/ 60" Suntek CXP 18 direct from the Tint Center.....

if you want legit answers follow the rules. theres a reason why we dont discuss pricing of rolls of tint or installs. also how many years of exp. can a 15year old have? better to have a professional do the job right the first time. lots of film distributors can send a sample roll of film to the installer at a discounted price.

Archived