2012 VW Jetta GLI

blade

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guys really important question, after I tape off the edges to avoid the felt getting in the film ,it is super tight and takes a while to work the film in, It is not my computer cut pattern because I trim it down. Am I the only one who has trouble with this ? I mean I hate doing them with a passion. what do you guys do?

guys really important question, after I tape off the edges to avoid the felt getting in the film ,it is super tight and takes a while to work the film in, It is not my computer cut pattern because I trim it down. Am I the only one who has trouble with this ? I mean I hate doing them with a passion. what do you guys do?

Hi, Welcome.  Good question.  :welcome

I've had that problem with some of the thicker tapes, like the blue or green.  I make sure to get the thin Scotch tape.  It sticks well and is not to thick.  

Placement is also key.  If you go to far in with your tape, it will be pushed out by the felt.  I try to go just to edge where the felt rolls over. 

It takes some practice to get used to the difference in sliding past tape and sliding past rubber seals.. Plenty of slip and make sure you apply your tape before you ever start with any water.   Good Luck  :beer 

2020.jpg?boundedSize=310

Archived