BMW- 530i 2002

I've got one coming in a week or so, it has NASTY film on all the windows but it seems whoever installed this $hit used spray tac or something at the bottom 4" of the BG. I can see where they taped off the deck and left about 1/2" of whatever it is on the back far edge. The customer tried to remove the film on the BG himself leaving all the adhesive, got discouraged halfway through and brought it to me. Rear defrost doesn't work according to him and he's not concerned with the lines at all just wants it removed and retinted. I know I am gonna have to do some serious scraping down at the bottom edge, so the deck has got to come out.

Any tips on removing rear deck on this model, the back seat doesn't fold down. I've removed handfuls of decks but the back seats always fold down so it gives me an indication of where to start. It seems this one might require a faith based yank or pull on some panel or something, I just want to make sure its the right one. I have a tendancy to remove more than I need to when I'm doing a new car so I would like to save myself the trouble since it's gonna be a pain in the a$$ from the jump. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

Guest tint325i
I've got one coming in a week or so, it has NASTY film on all the windows but it seems whoever installed this $hit used spray tac or something at the bottom 4" of the BG. I can see where they taped off the deck and left about 1/2" of whatever it is on the back far edge. The customer tried to remove the film on the BG himself leaving all the adhesive, got discouraged halfway through and brought it to me. Rear defrost doesn't work according to him and he's not concerned with the lines at all just wants it removed and retinted. I know I am gonna have to do some serious scraping down at the bottom edge, so the deck has got to come out.

Any tips on removing rear deck on this model, the back seat doesn't fold down. I've removed handfuls of decks but the back seats always fold down so it gives me an indication of where to start. It seems this one might require a faith based yank or pull on some panel or something, I just want to make sure its the right one. I have a tendancy to remove more than I need to when I'm doing a new car so I would like to save myself the trouble since it's gonna be a pain in the a$$ from the jump. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

now this is going to sound like a lot of work but it really isn't, the deck is designed to come out fairly easily as the top mounts for the rear shocks are under it and the bulb for the brake light, this is from memory but here goes -

the base of the back seat just lifts out with a sharp tug at each end, then there should be a 10mm bolt at either side of the bottom of the seat back, remove these, pop the headrests out and lift the seatback straight up, its hooked into the metal panel behind the seat, then remove the 2 side trim panels down the side if the bg by grabbing the top and pull towards you, they will pop back and lift out, there may be a row of screws or clips along the front of the deck i cant remember for definate but they will be obvious if they are there, then the deck should just lift out

Guest maddtinter

now this is going to sound like a lot of work but it really isn't, the deck is designed to come out fairly easily as the top mounts for the rear shocks are under it and the bulb for the brake light, this is from memory but here goes -

the base of the back seat just lifts out with a sharp tug at each end, then there should be a 10mm bolt at either side of the bottom of the seat back, remove these, pop the headrests out and lift the seatback straight up, its hooked into the metal panel behind the seat, then remove the 2 side trim panels down the side if the bg by grabbing the top and pull towards you, they will pop back and lift out, there may be a row of screws or clips along the front of the deck i cant remember for definate but they will be obvious if they are there, then the deck should just lift out

Watch out on the C pillar panels.DO NOT yank them out.Remove the light and there will be two 8mm nuts.

When reinstalling it is easiest to remove the two louvered vents from the deck then install the deck.Now just align the vents into place.

Guest tint325i

Watch out on the C pillar panels.DO NOT yank them out.Remove the light and there will be two 8mm nuts.

When reinstalling it is easiest to remove the two louvered vents from the deck then install the deck.Now just align the vents into place.

:thumb forgot about those behind the lights!! i did say it was from memory!! lol, its the audi a4 you can just pull out

Archived