Help with Blue Max and Unger handle

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

I don't know, maybe I'm just a tard, but ever since I got my handle and Blue Max, the little button thing that clamps down on the blade keeps popping open and releasing the blade. Soon as I push it back in to it's place, it springs right back open again. Am I doing something wrong? Any help or info would be appreciated!

IMG_6988.jpg

IMG_6987.jpg

IMG_6990.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest l1ld3v1lrydr
Just tighten down on the Phillips screws and that will by pass the latch.... Here's your sign.

I've tried that and it didn't seem to work. I'll gladly take a sign for this if it stays put! lol :dunno

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr
Crank on them till they stop turning. It can't not work.

Then what's the point of the quick release thing? lol Has anyone else ever had this problem with this set up?

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr
I have had the same problem. I crank the screws till they stop turning and no more problem. The lever will eventually get tweaked and not hold. You can either buy a new handle or tighten the mofo

Thanks for the info TomTint! Just went out and tightened them down. No more problem. The little button is just know annoying. Just have to take some time to get used to. Have another tint job later this after noon so I'll see how I like it lol. And mine's been this way since I got the handle from new. That's why I was curious to know if I was doing something stupid.

Guest Malcolm E Boo
I don't know, maybe I'm just a tard, but ever since I got my handle and Blue Max, the little button thing that clamps down on the blade keeps popping open and releasing the blade. Soon as I push it back in to it's place, it springs right back open again. Am I doing something wrong? Any help or info would be appreciated!

Are you on a wind up?

Guest scottydosnntkno

Loosen the screws until you can clamp it down And then tighten the screws. You can also bend the lever a little bit to help. Once you get it set it shouldnt pop open. Ive had the same ones for at least 3 years and never had it just pop open

Archived