Help with Blue Max and Unger handle

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest l1ld3v1lrydr
I don't know, maybe I'm just a tard, but ever since I got my handle and Blue Max, the little button thing that clamps down on the blade keeps popping open and releasing the blade. Soon as I push it back in to it's place, it springs right back open again. Am I doing something wrong? Any help or info would be appreciated!

Are you on a wind up?

By wind up, do you mean wind up camera? Sorry, I'l a little lost on that.

I tightened them down for a jetta I just did. Screws came loose once, but nothing major. That little thing just flaps in the way. I'm going to loosen it and flip it over, then re-tighten as stated above!

Thanks for the tips guys!

Guest Malcolm E Boo
I don't know, maybe I'm just a tard, but ever since I got my handle and Blue Max, the little button thing that clamps down on the blade keeps popping open and releasing the blade. Soon as I push it back in to it's place, it springs right back open again. Am I doing something wrong? Any help or info would be appreciated!

Are you on a wind up?

By wind up, do you mean wind up camera? Sorry, I'l a little lost on that.

I tightened them down for a jetta I just did. Screws came loose once, but nothing major. That little thing just flaps in the way. I'm going to loosen it and flip it over, then re-tighten as stated above!

Thanks for the tips guys!

Wind up as in taking the piss.

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr
p1ss1ng in the wind? Anyways i do have the same problem with my handle just gotta tighten the crap out of it.

I have no idea what my pictures and question have to do with p1ss1ng in the wind lol. But ok :blink:

Nothing like that little bastage popping up and gouging a $150 piece of film! :lol

We carry a "modified" Unger Handle with screw fasteners for auto installs. No more mishaps with the handle malfunctioning. :lol

I agree with vquest. We carry the modified unit as well Modified Unger with Blue Max at Zola Tools. The picture on our website shows the modified underside of the handle.

If you are buying a new unit. However, if you have one of the non-modified units, then tighten down the screws as suggested until the blade is secure. this will render the latch inoperable. One more tip...after tightening the screws, wrap the metal part of the handle with electrical tape. That way if the handle comes in contact with the film during installation it will not scratch the film.

Archived