Clear glass > Blue tint (merc oem)

Guest OPELcambo

Guest OPELcambo

This my 1st post.

I have a opel vectra, it has oem 70% trans stamped on the glass, and it has a green look to it, which I hate

I like mercedes cars there glass is blue as most will know.

I decided I wanted to get rid of my old limo tints etc and go blue

However after I had my car tinted blue from a tinter shop , the results where not as I expected.

I have a youtube link of the results,. As you will see even from the inside THEY ARE VERY BLUE, TOOO BLUE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBxvdFB3DwM

From the outside looking at the car, looks like a mirror - more so in sunshine... and it got attention from the police in less than 2 hours of being fitted and had to remove it off the front windows, which i didnt care about as I totally disliked the finished look anyway.

Anyway, I am here to ask anyone of how I can go about getting the blue look of mercedes...

Also, the fact that my glass is 70% trans (green glass oem), will adding blue to this not be great... if this is a problem, I can get totally untinted clear glass from opel from around £60 a door.

As I would imagine adding a blue tint to a completely clear glass would look more blue, then adding blue ontop of green tint glass.

Thanks

Guest OPELcambo

any pictures of it

what is all the info on the tint % numbers

i mean my oem glass now is 70% trans

the law here in uk says, no tint legally allowed on thr front (as they already tinted)

so the glass tint = 70% means 70% of the light is visable? - meaning 30% block

so what is 50% does that means its quite dark?

Guest tint325i

you'll never get that look on that car, the green hue of the glass will always effect the colour of any fim applied, the ultra light blue of the mercs is just an impossible target for you

Guest OPELcambo

tint325i this is why i asked , if the green glass effects any tint i can go and buy completely clear glass (no tint or color) from the manufacturer,

but i just didnt want to go get another blue tint after buying new glass, if its going to turn out and look like mirror from the outside again

the law here in uk states 70% is legal limit. so i think that 50% tint is 20% to dark, can you not get a 70% tint (slightly lighter)

tint325i this is why i asked , if the green glass effects any tint i can go and buy completely clear glass (no tint or color) from the manufacturer,

but i just didnt want to go get another blue tint after buying new glass, if its going to turn out and look like mirror from the outside again

the law here in uk states 70% is legal limit. so i think that 50% tint is 20% to dark, can you not get a 70% tint (slightly lighter)

The lightest Blue Suntek do is HP55 which has a VLT of 60%. You may get away with this on clear glass but even clear glass reduces VLT by 10-15 %

Archived