Random installation pictures...

Guest Invisibra.net

Guest Invisibra.net
could you ever do a video of you doing a bulk wrap? or more detail on the process? i am really curious and would love to bulk a bumper some time to see how hard it is, and just get a feel for where to cut openings, how to fold them under, etc

I have considered doing a video to post on my website, just so customers can see how much time & effort I put into my installations. BUT, I hope I don't sound petty here, I don't want to give free training to my competition...

A number of the tricks in my repertoire are hard-won from doing this for many many years and I still have a number of tricks that I have not seen anyone else do which makes my final product look better than most in my area.

I was considering doing a time-lapse installation, which I may actually do some day... Show a lot without all the details.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Guest Invisibra.net
Nice selection of cars there, not many people can put a Z8 on their CV either. On average how many installs do you do a week/month?

Steve.

Last year was a lot more busy. I had 3 record setting months in a row starting in June. This year has stayed somewhat flat.

I try to do 1 full wrap a day, or 2 partials if possible. Sometimes you just have no control over the telephone and if it doesn't ring, I have the day off.

I am now looking into getting more dealership work. I really like doing retail most, because you get the positive feedback from your customers instead of the "you are too expensive" all the time from the dealerships, who seem to not care at all about quality, but only price.

But that's what this economy & this ridiculously hot summer has brought on.

could you ever do a video of you doing a bulk wrap? or more detail on the process? i am really curious and would love to bulk a bumper some time to see how hard it is, and just get a feel for where to cut openings, how to fold them under, etc

I have considered doing a video to post on my website, just so customers can see how much time & effort I put into my installations. BUT, I hope I don't sound petty here, I don't want to give free training to my competition...

A number of the tricks in my repertoire are hard-won from doing this for many many years and I still have a number of tricks that I have not seen anyone else do which makes my final product look better than most in my area.

I was considering doing a time-lapse installation, which I may actually do some day... Show a lot without all the details.

Does anyone else feel this way?

well if you ever feel giving enough to divulge some secrets, feel free to PM me with them, i will be sure to keep them secret, and i am definitely not competing with you as i am up here in the great white north.

Guest Invisibra.net

I am only asking you to share one secret. I love doing ppf but it kills my back, how do you get around that?

My back was hurting a lot too... Then I got a lift! Working on a car at chest height makes all the diff!

Archived