HP Films

Guest VOLTRON

How many people use HP films on a consistant basis and dont have issues with interference from electronics. I ask this question because I have some customers that use HP all the time and have no issues at all with interference but I hear alot of people talk about how it causes issues. I know I have heard of a select few cars that have issues but there are few and far between from what I hear. A buddy of mine said a benzo came in the shop that had HP tint on it and they wanted it off cause it was causing interference and when he took the film off he looked behind the rear pillar cover and there was a little black box back there that was corroded and he followed the wire all the way back to the deck. He told the customer about it and he was thinking that it was a type of antenna for GPS and it got flooded when it was tinted and shorted it out. Anyone ever heard or know about this?

i install formula one comfort series all the time and never have issues. i've used HP films for(what seems like)ever and have had only a couple complaints. and those i just cut along the top defroster line to break the connection and all was well.

Archived