I have noticed scratches, Help

Hi all, for the last three cars i have noticed scratches on the BG. They are small and fuzzy looking. They are not crease's, they look fuzzy as if someone took a file to the film. I bought a new Bluemax and Turbo Yellow squeegee. Thinking that my squeegee's are bad. I use the Turbo Yellow for initial squeegee, then spray the glass and use Blue max, and hard card the edges wrapped in a paper towel. Could it be that, once i anchor the film in the shape of + and run my squeegee again over the same spot without spraying that spot again with solution/water, be causing the scratches?? As if the squeegee is dragging or grabbing the film??

Any ideas would help, Thank's for reading.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Check and see if there is any dirt being left on the hard coat maybe while shrinking?

I'll check. I give each vehicle a quick wash before i bring it in my garage. And i do the soap method for shrinking. When all shrinking is done, film looks great, with no creases or bumps or anything. But, once i install it and squeegee it out, i noticed these crazy scratches. They look fuzzy almost like zigzagging scratches on the film. At first i thought it was my bluemax or turbo yellow, so i bought new ones. Now i'm thinking that, when i squeegee the film, i squeegee the same spot without spraying the film/hard coat causing the squeegee to drag. BTW thanks for the idea.

What film are you using? Do you reverse roll or Frankie? If the tint bends too far it will leave crease marks that look that way but I've never seen anything fuzzy. Unless the squeege is peeling away the scratch coat

Sometimes on cars that have really thick defrost lines, just installing the film and sliding it into place will leave fuzzy looking scratches that are actually on the glue side of the film. The defrost lines are so sharp that they wil leave scratches on the adhesive. What cars were you working on?

I guess what these guys are saying :blink: Look at anything you have changed in the way you work.

First chance you get to come back up this way we would like to see ya......... clear bra or wrap to add to your business?? Doing a wrap class this month for some guys there in N Cal.

Cheers my friend .... just come up and visit :beer

What film are you using? Do you reverse roll or Frankie? If the tint bends too far it will leave crease marks that look that way but I've never seen anything fuzzy. Unless the squeege is peeling away the scratch coat

Hmm, i think you might be right. I dont RR or Frankie, but i do the Fold like the TTC method. I've never had this issue, maybe i'm not too careful with the film when i'm folding it.

Sometimes on cars that have really thick defrost lines, just installing the film and sliding it into place will leave fuzzy looking scratches that are actually on the glue side of the film. The defrost lines are so sharp that they wil leave scratches on the adhesive. What cars were you working on?

Last car was a 2009 Altima Coupe, Thanks.

Not sure but check and make sure it's not

just squeegie marks. I started noticing something

similar and it was my orange crush actually leaving a

few marks behind that were easily removed with my

micro-fiber rag.

I was hopping that they were marks :blink: but it was scratches, so i redid it.

Archived