vw golf r32,

Guest tint325i

Guest tint325i
First jetta I changed a door glass on threw me for a loop. Thankfully most of the answers are on the internet.

Ive known how they come apart for a long time just havent tried it before, i think the mk5 golf was the first to be like this, its the only way to change a dropglass, quite alot of the VAG cars are like this you'll easily see all the little black bolts all the way round the door (and 1 little one behind handle), just be sure to put the right bolt back in the right hole because the are not all the same really easy tho, 2mins to remove 2 mins to refit,

First jetta I changed a door glass on threw me for a loop. Thankfully most of the answers are on the internet.

Ive known how they come apart for a long time just havent tried it before, i think the mk5 golf was the first to be like this, its the only way to change a dropglass, quite alot of the VAG cars are like this you'll easily see all the little black bolts all the way round the door (and 1 little one behind handle), just be sure to put the right bolt back in the right hole because the are not all the same really easy tho, 2mins to remove 2 mins to refit,

The door handle is what gave me a hard time.

Guest tint325i

Ive known how they come apart for a long time just haven't tried it before, i think the mk5 golf was the first to be like this, its the only way to change a dropglass, quite alot of the VAG cars are like this you'll easily see all the little black bolts all the way round the door (and 1 little one behind handle), just be sure to put the right bolt back in the right hole because the are not all the same really easy tho, 2mins to remove 2 mins to refit,

yeh if u don't know thats there you'd never find it,

for those who don't know how to remove handle - theres a gold torx screw in the side of the door inline with the handle, wind it out far enough so it allows you to pull the lock section of the handle out of the door, then a little pull and a wiggle and the big bit of the handle comes out, then you'll see a little torx screw, take this out and it disconnects the handle carrier from the inside of the doorskin

the idea behind these doors is if you dent a door you can simply bolt a new skin on instead if replacing whole door, not a bad idea really

Ive known how they come apart for a long time just haven't tried it before, i think the mk5 golf was the first to be like this, its the only way to change a dropglass, quite alot of the VAG cars are like this you'll easily see all the little black bolts all the way round the door (and 1 little one behind handle), just be sure to put the right bolt back in the right hole because the are not all the same really easy tho, 2mins to remove 2 mins to refit,

yeh if u don't know thats there you'd never find it,

for those who don't know how to remove handle - theres a gold torx screw in the side of the door inline with the handle, wind it out far enough so it allows you to pull the lock section of the handle out of the door, then a little pull and a wiggle and the big bit of the handle comes out, then you'll see a little torx screw, take this out and it disconnects the handle carrier from the inside of the doorskin

the idea behind these doors is if you dent a door you can simply bolt a new skin on instead if replacing whole door, not a bad idea really

LOL VW catching up with America's defunct Saturn

Guest visualtints

Hi Is this the similar process for the new shape Audi a6 got one booked in so any advice would be helpfull mate.. Customer don't want his seals cutting he's already done his research so any help stripping down to get the glass out would be appreciated. Thanks

Archived