Got my posts deleted on another forum

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you happen to know the absorption rate on that 5%?

Sorry TG I don't have that enough info to figure it out.

I posted the select Drei Numbers and they changed it

They changed a lot of stuff. :lol They obviously don't know much about the film they sell, pretty sad...

Drei IR and all IR #'s for Huper in the US are measured between 780-2500nm the whole NIR spectrum. Maybe ask a Madico rep if there is one on this board what the wavelength measurements are for Wincos IR #'s. :thumb

I don't know maybe I am different. If someone did the same on this forum either to me or another member, I would engage them in the conversation. Unless they were being derogatory or calling names. But I guess that is just me?

I guess the truth hurts them too much. :beer

C-15

15% VLT

17% VLR

99% UV

96% IR

73% TSER

C-05

6% VLT

14% VLR

99% UV

92% IR

75% TSER

Hi Vq,

What are the SC values for those films?

For the IR, what is the wavelength?

-Howard

Howard,

They are reporting .33 and .31 respectively. I think it may be a little lower though.

IR is always 780-2500nm unless otherwise specified.

-Rob

Rob,

3 times more durable than conventional films, what films are they using to compare it to....?

:lol On that particular claim I have no idea, you ought to email HOI and ask them we didn't come up with that marketing claim. They usually advertise that the ceramics are 25x more durable than conventional film and I know that one. What the heck happened here, stuff went soft or something? :lol:thumb

Wow, I read the wole post...what a bunch of crybaby beeyatches.............there is a difference between bashing and calling inaccuracies into question. As I see it, there are two areas in play here...one is, they are protecting a longtime poster, not knowing who you are....two, they are protecting a PAYING sponsor.............either way, no matter what you sy there, they will not believe you..............

IR is always 780-2500nm unless otherwise specified.

-Rob

Hi Vq,

Agreed - That's the full spectral range for IR, however no film (or any substance on the earth) evenly absorbs or transmits IR across that entire spectrum at a single, constant percentage . The graph is always a steep curve, or bell curve (it is never a straight line).

Here is why I ask:

The few other film companies that still report IR now report the measured wavelength. Generally, this is a single value between 1050 and 1100nm. I was wondering what wavelength HO uses but have never been able to get that information.

-Howard

Hi Vq,

Agreed - That's the full spectral range for IR, however no film (or any substance on the earth) evenly absorbs or transmits IR across that entire spectrum at a single, constant percentage . The graph is always a steep curve, or bell curve (it is never a straight line).

Here is why I ask:

The few other film companies that still report IR now report the measured wavelength. Generally, this is a single value between 1050 and 1100nm. I was wondering what wavelength HO uses but have never been able to get that information.

-Howard

Howard,

I am not a big fan of IR reporting, I could write a book on why "rejection" is not a proper term to use. I can't stop anyone including Huper from reporting it in marketing all I can do (and I do fight for this) is keep the measurements in the US at 780-2500nm... no selective IR marketing garbage.

The rule of thumb has always been this; If you report IR, then it is assumed you are measuring the whole NIR spectrum (780-2500nm) unless you otherwise specify.

Here is a trick on how to discern whether or not someone is reporting the whole spectrum. Look at a film line of similar technology products that only differ in VLT. Take Wincos for instance while we are on that subject. Notice how the IR percentages stay exactly the same across all VLT's? That is probably due in part to the IR absorbing dye and that they are probably measuring one, two, or may be three select wavelength areas of the NIR spectrum. Even percentages are hallmark evidence of selective measuring but not always the rule of thumb.

-Rob

I have an :idea , how about we all go over there and join that forum, to back up Felixbiel in just that one thread he posted in ............... :thumb

That's an extraordinarily bad idea.

:lol That would be paramount to an "old school" DDos attack... it probably would not bode well for this board. They can punch back hard if they have a few geeks on their board... doesn't take much.

I have an :lol , how about we all go over there and join that forum, to back up Felixbiel in just that one thread he posted in ............... :thumb

:lol That would be paramount to an "old school" DDos attack... it probably would not bode well for this board. They can punch back hard if they have a few geeks on their board... doesn't take much.

:idea Forum wars can get pretty bad, I wan't to be on the record here of discouraging anything like that in the strongest terms.

I have an :idea , how about we all go over there and join that forum, to back up Felixbiel in just that one thread he posted in ............... :shoot1

:bingo Forum wars can get pretty bad, I wan't to be on the record here of discouraging anything like that in the strongest terms.

Just start a thread asking why with all the fast cars in TX their big bad TX2k11 street car race got taken by 2 sh***y F-Bodies garage built in NM. LOL. Maybe that will get them stirred up.

Archived