RCMP target and tow window tint

http://www.meridianbooster.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3319936

... targeting tinted windows on cars in a new enforcement strategy.

Const. Dave Kadun, Lloydminster RCMP, said the local detachment will ramp up their enforcement of the laws relating to window tint in the coming months.

"It's something we're going to be harping on pretty hard here," said Kadun. "People are going on the verge of becoming very dangerous on the road."

Under current law, applying aftermarket window tint will result in a traffic ticket, an inspection ticket to remove the tint and in some cases the vehicle may be towed.

The tinting process affects the capabilities of the window itself, according to police. The window will not crumble as it is designed to in a collision and will not break if you needed to escape by breaking a window. The vehicle driver and passengers' safety are gravely endangered.

Guest tint whisperer

That's not to far from home. Typical in the smaller communities like Lloyd tho, RCMP are much more diligent. Here in the city, the city cops aren't as harsh as the RC's.

Keep it legal f-tards!!

and so how are these cops gonna deal with all the vehicles that are out now with laminated side windows? idiots.

Yeah...that is about as stupid an argument as I have heard.

But the fact is....it's illegal. i am all for crackdowns on illegal film....just wish they would focus on the ones installing it.

Guest magnum-tint

Has any one ever been fined for doing front windows? if so what was the fine?

I know its illegal to have and its a fine of $57 or $115, but how much for the guy doing it?

Has any one ever been fined for doing front windows? if so what was the fine?

I know its illegal to have and its a fine of $57 or $115, but how much for the guy doing it?

Depends on if you get held liable for an accident or only found guilt for installing.

Simplest answer is keep it legal for the benefit of everyone who considers this their profession. :thumb

Archived