2012 Nissan Altima

pbalentine

Steel wool just doen't cut. I hit the shiat out that bg w/ steel wool, just to get 4 peanuts on the very bottom defroster line. I usually don't even bother with steel wool b/c it doesn't help. I heard someone say that the sand them down, which seems a little harsh, but if done w/ caution, it could work.

I never had many issues when using qdp, true black(with slip tack), and value tint, but with suntek hP, it seem like I get one on every third bg i do. Iv noticed since i swiched back to suntek that imperfections don't lay down like they used to and the adhesive seems weaker.

I swear, nothing drives me more crazy than peanuts.... :shoot1

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also do lots of these without issues for the dealer (the key) make sure your doing the soapshrink but the only moisture is on the very edge of each of the back glass . If you wet tack it within the tinted portion of the window, peanuts are in your future :lol

Guest Mo Evo

I also do a lot of these for my 2 Nissan dealers. Big peanuts with TB, none with ValueTint and sometimes 1 with SunTek Carbon, which is my favorite film. I use 0 or 00 steel wool on those bad boy fat defrosters along with Zep cleaner and soap solution and scrub hard a good 5 minutes. I dry shrink using dryer sheets and a tiny bit of soap solution under the corners to keep the film from curling off the glass.

Guest thatsnappyguy

000 steel wool! 0000 is too soft. Get in there nice and deep like... Scrub and scrub. Wipe clean, scrub again with the blue pad, wipe down. Turn the defroster on just before u peel the liner to install. This back glass is all about the prep. Dry shrink slow and evenly.

000 steel wool! 0000 is too soft. Get in there nice and deep like... Scrub and scrub. Wipe clean, scrub again with the blue pad, wipe down. Turn the defroster on just before u peel the liner to install. This back glass is all about the prep. Dry shrink slow and evenly.

Thats what i did w/o tacking the sides down. Its seems that peanuts get worse the more you squeegee. I chased a bubble in the bottom left and turned two 1/8" peanuts into two huge ones and had one small one in the bottom left that turned into 2 peanuts. I always squeegee hard, but i swear you get less if you only make "one" pass and let it dry for a bit before messing with it.

Hey snappy, i thought you couldn't use blue pads b/c they're to coarse.

I also do a lot of these for my 2 Nissan dealers. Big peanuts with TB, none with ValueTint and sometimes 1 with SunTek Carbon, which is my favorite film. I use 0 or 00 steel wool on those bad boy fat defrosters along with Zep cleaner and soap solution and scrub hard a good 5 minutes. I dry shrink using dryer sheets and a tiny bit of soap solution under the corners to keep the film from curling off the glass.

I don't remember ever getting peanuts with Value Tints sirius line.

Archived