2012 Nissan Altima

pbalentine

on all our altimas we dry shrink first ,then wet window, squeegee a cross,then while wet, reshrink any air pockets as squeegeeing with felt squeegee. the top corners will want to roll in though. We thoroughly scrub with steel wool, as you have heard from others on here. these steps have wiped our altima peanuts into the garbage!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bringing this back from the grave haha I just did one today for the first time in a long time. I guess I'm pretty lucky cause I've had 4-5 peanuts show up but after sitting in the sum for probably 30 minutes all suck up to the glass. I dry shrink with ivory, put a little wet line across the middle and take my time with the heat. Nothing to special, must just be lucky! I know I've done a few other in the past but can't really remember having to bad of a time with them

It's actually been long enough to that I forgot if I needed to slid the film or not, on the back roll ups I found out after my first try I needed to slid them, after the second try I realized I needed to slide just a hair more forward and then slide back a hair to fill the gap on the angle part of the window haha but now I'm ready for another one. Which around my area there few and very far between haha

I get them from time to time as well. I think it happens when the defroster lines are sprayed on the glass thicker compared to other times. A variable in the manufacturing process. I usually start the car and let it run with the defroster on. After 20 min they will lay right down easy. I look for them to start popping right after install on those last generation maximas and altimas. The lines are very thick on those units from time to time.

Archived