customer wants illegal film

Guest fredstinting

Guest Malcolm E Boo

I have never installed legal tint yet..... Alaska is 37% net, and I haven't done anything lighter than 34% film.....

In the last month I did a couple of undercover cop cars, and a van. 17%, and the van was 4%.

They will give you tickets up here, but in this state it's only possible to issue a window film citation as a secondary offense - they cannot pull you over for tint. All they really care about are the front windows.

ignore I can't read :lol

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess I need to say something here.

We try to encourage legal installations here for installers and consumers, I think it's a really bad idea to post that you don't tint legally.

I'm not making a judgment call on your practices, I just don't think it's a good idea to post that you break tinting laws regularly, something probably best kept to yourself.

:thumb

:thumb

I have never installed legal tint yet..... Alaska is 37% net, and I haven't done anything lighter than 34% film.....

In the last month I did a couple of undercover cop cars, and a van. 17%, and the van was 4%.

They will give you tickets up here, but in this state it's only possible to issue a window film citation as a secondary offense - they cannot pull you over for tint. All they really care about are the front windows.

Bob, I don't think people know you are on a island in the middle of Alaska! I understand the secondary offence ticket and think it should be that way everywhere.................. although window tint laws do seriously get lots of drug heads off the street as the cops in other states use the law as probable cause to pull people over. For along time it was just the front windows the police wrote tickets for here but as the economy gets worse they are writing tickets for the rear section if they are to dark. The snow here really helps our sales due to the glare. Is it the same there?

To tint or to not to tint darker than legal is a discussion that has been beat to death on here!!!!!

I will say that a large part of my business is removing dark papas and replacing them with QDP 50% :thumb It's good that we tint all the local K9 and undercover cars..................... the police always take a hand full of cards and give to peeps when they pull um over so they know where to get the windows fixed :thumb

Cheers Bob

Don't want to get off topic but did the NTSA or NHTSA come out with a statement a few years ago about what percentage of VLT did not interfere with vision?

There was an Australian study done on that years ago :thumb I think I have a copy somewhere ... see if I can find it.

Don't want to get off topic but did the NTSA or NHTSA come out with a statement a few years ago about what percentage of VLT did not interfere with vision?

There was an Australian study done on that years ago :nope I think I have a copy somewhere ... see if I can find it.

TDub is seems like the study said 20% did not interfere with vision day or night. Most all of the SUV type autos sold here come with a 20% factory on the rear. Are the laws the same all over the country down there?

Archived