Mobile Peel Board

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theres a lower rail to hang all bottles, and magnet rails to hold squegees and ss rulers. they arent cheap to make but the wall racks i have are almost 15 yrs old.

i have 7 wall mounted racks. all of the glass is 46" tall, some are 90" wide, some are 77" wide. the 77" wides we hang back glasses on, the 90"s for door glasses.

all the glass is from old sliders, the metal is all 1" square tubing, 1/2" square tubing, 1" angle iron, and 5" flat stock as wall mounts.

all the newer ones we powdercoated, but the old ones we just painted with self etching paint. i wish they were all black but we did them white for some reason. and i would frost the glass if i were to redo them.

downfall of the sliders is that they are all tempered. broke one once and it was a mess. i guess it was less dangerous but little shards of glass everywhere

Yeah, we could build one, but we just don't have the time, and don't like drilling, cutting, sanding, etc in or near te shop if it can be avoided. I just thought by now there must be someone selling them.

You would think by now someone would be selling a prefab that can be shipped and then assembled. Once assembled the glass can be installed locally by a glass shop. I think it is a good idea too bad its not reality.

Guest hardrock

An old aluminum sliding glass door works very well. I have one mounted in the shop and one I can haul to on site work. I just slide it in the back of the truck, they are very durable!

All you need is basically 2X4s, wheels that lock and piece of glass or whatever. I built one years ago for mobile that broke down by the base w/ wheels, 2 side posts and the glass. It was sorta of hassle to bring it around, so now i just peel off the car.

Thats what I do now also. Will be nice once I have a garage and can build a board though!

Archived