Mobile Peel Board

If you're mobile why you want to force yourself to lug such heavy stuff, when a sheet of clear plexi for peeling is all you need?  My plexi sheet, one side I do all Cutting, the other is only for peeling - weights about 4 lbs  36''x38''x1/4"

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't want to lug around a piece of glass for a mobile peel board for mobile jobs

The glass I have,,I put a bunch of scrap pieces of mirror tint on the backside to hold it together if it breaks,,the mirrors have some safety stuff on the back to hold the glass together usually

A glass table for cutting is nice also,,saw horses and a whole sliding door laying on them is cool

A real big mirror was just offered to me and also more sliding door glass,,to bad you probly not close to me

I'm mostly planning on using this piece in the shop for cutting and peeling. Have been cutting and peeling on cars for a while so if I do have a occasional mobile job I can deal without a board. But I agree, the one I picked up yesterday was every bit of 75 lbs  :lol

This is what I use. Cheap chrome folding clothes rack about $70 at walmart. The mirror is a closet door I have 4 of them. All fits easily in my E-350 attachicon.gifbill M3 Edit.jpegattachicon.gifDSC01193.jpegvan

So what do you have holding the mirror on?

Bent some flat steel and welded it to a tube that slides over the tube on the rack. The ones on top slide up enough to go up and over the mirror frame. Whipped them up really quick, next time I'd make them a bit cleaner but this set up has worked perfectly for me for over a year now.

Archived