need help with dgi-om100

Guest dgi-user

Guest dgi-user

need help with dgi-om100,

i bought the cutter used but it did not come with a driver disc or instructions.

do i need the driver installed on my windows vista computer for it to work?

i have a trial version of signgo lite that i see supports this cutter.

i use a serial to usb that came with the cutter(found the driver for this).

i looked high and low for an instruction manual and driver even there website and came up with nothing.

if anyone can help please chime in,thanks,Ray. email or post here ramon.iris@yahoo.com

I also bought this same plotter used with no driver in (disc form) and did tons of searching for info ,but not much is out their on it. I am also new to plotters. Ended up finding out most cutting programs will have the driver built in the menu for it. I have invisible patterns for it , and it was in the menu. But I still don't use it much because I can't get the cut speed to slow down and it just eats up film. I have no manuals for it. I have made calls to computer cut for help but no seems to have any plotter knowledge that I have talked to. I just get passed around from person to person. It is listed under its real name of the manufacturer, Newstar

Guest wissenuk

Hi. I have a lot of experience with the DGI / New Star machines. You can download a pdf manual by clicking the link below:

Drivers are not usually required unless your machine has a USB port. I'll be happy to help if you have any more questions.

Guest swamphox

I am in the same boat as the OP. Picked up a used OM-100 for next to nothing. I have Adobe Illustrator and Corel X7. I downloaded a third party Corel plugin and have established that the machine works and communication via USB/DB9 serial converter is working and usually with peripheral equipment, communication can be the greatest hurdle. Since the 3rd party software is a trial version, it will run out soon. I don't want or need this software and would like to know what I need to to have installed to make Adobe Illustrator or Corel X7 work. I will only be using this machine to cut stencils for painting, no window template software need. I will only be using PVC adhesive stencil film and I would like some suggestions as to what type of cutters to buy and film suggestions. Thanks in advance. 

Archived